Login |  Register |  FAQ

Fan Made Codex

Post subject: Fan Made Codex
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:25 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Hello All,

me and a friend have recently been trying to start playing 2nd edition after a 17 year break. We have managed to get our hands on the starter set, Dark Millenium, most of the codexes and a load of vehicle datafaxes (thanks ebay!).

However we would like to be able to play with some of the recent models that don't have official rules. Can anyone point me in the direction of any fan made codexes or datafaxes? Google has turned up a bit of a blank. A lot of the websites that contain 2nd edition stuff seem to now be defunct.

Many thanks for any help anyone is able to give.

Phil

Post subject: Re: Fan Made Codex
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:38 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Not to many people are keeping up with converting new models and rules into the 2nd edition variant, which sucks because I would love to have that as well.

McCragge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:38 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

This Tau codex worked fine for us: https://de.scribd.com/doc/26740865/CODE ... on-Ver1-5T

Just don't abuse one man Crisis Shas'Vre "Squads".

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosend in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence, that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, (&#$@!) gold.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:52 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Thanks Lutscha, that's a great start!

I found the Dark Eldar stuff further down this forum a swell. If anyone still has that template for creating the datafaxes I'll try and do my own (I'll do that anyway but I'd like them to look official and pretty, they have to be pretty!)

Phil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:34 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

To be honest, I kind of stopped following the new editions. I vaguely remember 5th Edition coming out, and now suddenly they're talking about 8th Edition coming early next year. And my primary opponent and I have been playing WarpStrike instead, which is skirmish rules, so I've had no need to stat up things like Wraithknights and Grey Knight Giant-Strider-Dreadnought-Thingies - Dreadknights, I think they're called - and other such monstrous-sized units. So I don't have rules for anything newer than 3rd Edition. Possibly 4th.

I've got a Tau Codex, with units up to Commander Shadowsun. Old-style Broadsides, and no riptides. I think I have vehicles up through the Sky Ray.

I've got a Dark Eldar codex with units up through 3rd Edition, I believe.

My Chaos codex has Raptors, Obliterators, and the Defiler datafax.

I do have a codex for Grey Knights.

Tyranids I have rules for Tyrant Guard, Raveners, and the Red Terror, but not Trygons or anything new since then.