Login |  Register |  FAQ

Terminator sergeants

Post subject: Terminator sergeants
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:15 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well, this thread is for another point that I realised when putting together my Dark Angels army for my recent battle and I wonder who knew that one:

In all these years I was led to believe Space Marine Terminator Sergeants would come equipped with a Power Sword instead of a Power Fist. But after reading the entries in Codex: Angels of Death and Codex: Ultramarines I was surprised that it never stated the sergeant to be armed in any other way.

Of course he may swap his Power Fist for a Power Sword at no cost, but seeing the armour section of the list this is a drop down by 4 points.

Much more interesting to me was the fact that any model of the squad could be armed with a Hvy. Terminator Weapon. Therefore the sergeant can be armed with a Cyclone or Assault Cannon as any other member of the squad. What if he is promoted to Vet. Sergeant? Well, the entry says the Vet. Sergeant is exactly armed like the one he replaces.
Wow! That implements alot of possibilites! What about an Assault Cannon wielding Terminator with a Conversion Field? Of course I had to immediately field one of those!

I admit this is quite cheesy, but I was so irritated by the fact this eluded me all these years...

Post subject: Re: Terminator sergeants
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 pm 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Terminator Squads are not eligible for veteran sergeants afaik.

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosend in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence, that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, (&#$@!) gold.

Post subject: Re: Terminator sergeants
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:14 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil... :roll:

Oh my... Of course, if I had read the description of the Vet. Sergeant entry thoroughly... At least it proves, I actually did all these past years... :-o

Luckily it did not have any effect on my game.

Thanks, Lutscha!