Yea, crap game 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
No, I never played it. 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 15

"Ultra Marines" board game

Post subject: "Ultra Marines" board game
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:07 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Has anyone played the Ultra Marines board game?

It used plastic marines scouts (mohawk versions) and 1st ed Space Hulk tiles. Each player controlled a squad and tried to grab alien artefacts from the hulk and drag them back to their starting location, where the artefact would hopefully be teleported away before another player nabbed it. Event cards allowed players to spring nasty suprises on their enemies, or boost their own units. Pretty fun, allowed for multiple players (box supported 4, any number can play as long as they have a squad of 5 scouts).

Rolling to hit & wound was pretty stupid (you tossed dice into the printed box lid and looked where the dice landed), but otherwise it was fun.

Rules (converted into PDF format by me), event cards text and counters are all on board game geek (http://boardgamegeek.com/game/8728) - so anyone with a Space Hulk set can play![/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:41 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I don't think ultra marines is a real game : it's more a advanced space crusade expansion than nothing
and the floor tiles are the same than space hulk but you can't mix & use it,there's a difference between it....of quality !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:16 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I have ultramarnes. It's an ok game for what it is. Basically in the early 90s GW released a series of games with simplified rules designed as introductory games for new hobbyists. Space fleet was also one of these, however it's rules and models catalogue was later substantially incesed making it arguable a very enjoyable and challenging space ship battle game! Potentially more so than it's successor battle fleet gothic.