Login |  Register |  FAQ

Space Crusade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:55 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I have some mates who has a copy and we generally manage to fit a game in when I go and visit them. We usually play Necromunda in the daytime, then have a game of SC late in the evening with some beers. Good stuff.

We just started a new campaign last week with me playing as the Imperial Fists instead of my usual Blood Angels, and it was rather fun! The extra heavy weapon was well worth the change!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:54 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I just played my first game of space crusade this morning with my long suffering fiancé! We played the first mission out of the missions book, alas there was only two of us, it was quite fun (though I prefer space hulk) but I can't help but feel it would be more exciting and challenging with a couple more players! Anyway it was still enjoyable!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:31 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Space Crusade was a 10 over 10!
As for many others, it was my entrance gate towards the grim darkness of the 41st millenium. We really burned the game during this Christmas...
In the spanish edition, the rules booklet included some picture in which Mk6 marines battled around the ruins of some Titan. I didn't know what was happening in this picture, but I wanted to be into it!
Sadly, as I got into 40k, I sold many SC figures to my friends in order to get some cash and spend it in proper Eldar. Nowadays, I am seriously thinking of rebuilding around the remnants of the games that lie at my parents'. Ebay and some 40k classic figures will do it.
The Eldar supplement was awful. At least, the miniatures were awful. If you buy it, you can consider using 2nd edition Guardians. It's a stain in the overall very good production of Space Crusade.
Finally, I think it would still do a very good game for casual players or for a nice nostalgic night. Being now in the thirties, one has to start thinking about what to play with children...

Post subject: Re: Space Crusade
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:33 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Yeah, I recently blew a ton of money on buying all of the sets for Space Crusade. And I made my own cooperative play version (like solo, but two-player) to play with my kids. The general consensus is that the rules suck, but I just absolutely love the artwork. So, I now use some of the boards and walls as Necromunda terrain; it goes surprisingly well with the original Necromunda terrain.