Login |  Register |  FAQ

Kill Team Scenarios

Post subject: Kill Team Scenarios
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:08 pm 
Private
Private

My friend and I are going to be playing a series of kill Team scenarios for a narrative campaign that should work our way up to squad level games and then full army (2,000 point) games. Does anyone have any ideas for Kill team Scenarios with a twist? My Imperial Guard will be defending against his Eldar Kill Teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:22 am 
Private
Private

The last scenario of kill Team he and I will play, if all goes well and assuming his Eldar smoke my Imperial Guard, is that an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos will show up and be investigating all the incidents. The idea is to assassinate the Inquisitor once he comes off his lander. There will be three twists.

The first twist is that the Eldar will be allowed to bring one full squad of troops or elites along with the Kill Team at no additional points. The idea is that they have done such a good job, they have managed to sneek in some extra help to insure the Inquisitor is dead.

The second twist is that the Inquisitor will not "land." He will actually teleport onto the field to the waiting Planetary entourage.

Third, he won't be your normal Inquisitor, he'll be a dreadnought! His Lascannon arm will not be charged, so he'll only have his power fist. Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:46 pm 
Private
Private

10 Senarios. Yes, just 10 scenarios is what my friend and I will play. The idea is that his Kill Team will cause enough havoc on my newly rediscovered world that a civil war will break out and his Eldar will be able to slip away into the void with an incredibly powerful artifact. However, for the Eldar to complete this ultimate goal, they must cause enough problems on the planet Cretanis VI. With that being said, the scenarios will be as follows:

Attack a railway system - prevents PDF from getting to places quickly
Ice Station Valhallhan - retrieve encypted data from polar communications bunker and insert a virus to oribatl defenses
Valley of Chula - Destroy main weather station
The Red wizard - rescue a psycher held in Imperial clutches
I Feel Funny - poison the main water supply, incapacitating the population for a short period
No Fuel - destroy the main offshore Promethium facility
Hospital 9 - Recon an Inquisitorial "reeducation" facility
Jump Ship - destroy the main orbiting communication Station in space
Clear & Present Danger - the Kill Team must escape from a failed mission in the jungles in the equitorial latitudes.
Assassinate the Inquisitor - assassinate a visiting Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos.

I think these should offer an enjoyable narrative and potentially help undermine the Imperial efforts on Cretanis VI. If my buddy wins 7 of 10, then he'll win the story. If not, we will move up to squad level games in which the Imperium and Eldar "pirates" are fighting a secret little war.

Do you folks have any suggestions on what you think would make more...logical approaches to causing crisis for the Imperium on Cretanis VI. I'm more than happy to change scenarios if you have any ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:23 pm 
Private
Private

Hospital #9. An Inquisitorial Hospital to "evaluate" the loyal, but ill citizens of the Imperium. A hospital designed to protect those with certain gifts from those who fear such gifts. A hospital to help people become the most valuable resource of the Imperium. A place to liquidate heretical elements within the population.

Any ideas on what I can put on the Kill Team board for Hospital #9? I have fencing around the perimeter. I have a communications tower, I have an Inquisitorial Building, I have a troops barracks, I have a secured holding facility, I have small bunkers and guard towers, I even have a billboard with Subliminal (ahem) messages. I have a "hospital" with smoke towers. Any suggestions on what other buildings I should have? I could do some historical research on *real* reeducation facilities of the last century, but I don't want to get that real because it's just depressing. However, any ideas on other buildings for a 4x4 board?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:19 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Wow sounds like you already have it all figured out. Just play your games and PLEASE post pics. It really sounds like fun.

http://star-ranger.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 5833#15833

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:03 pm 
Private
Private

I will most certainly post pictures. I will post pics of real Battle Reports too. I have been searching for a website that has little BS and the Eastern Fringe seems like the place. Most folks are true game enthusiasts and there is a "Welcome to the forum" feel from everyone. I just hope you guys like what I post. So I will reserve the right to suck in the beginning and make any needed improvements along the way. :lol: