Login |  Register |  FAQ

How do you make a Grot bike?

Post subject: How do you make a Grot bike?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:32 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

I'm working on a Rebel Grot mob for Gorkamorka (using Ash Waste rules).

I desperately want to make some Grot bikers. I've got some plastic wheels that are more narrow & smaller in diameter than regular bike wheels, but can't figure out how to make the bike itself.

I can't cut a marine bike down enough to fit a grot. I've looked at cheap plastic toys, even found a fantastic piece, but it turned out to be larger than a marine bike.

Either my search-fu is weak or no one else has made grot bikes and posted about it.

Can anyone recommend a common bit or combination of common bitz that might be a good start?

Please, just not anything that comes 1 per Sentinel kit or something like that.

Thanks,

Con

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:39 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Maybe you can use the snotling pump wagon from fantasy?

Time is an illusion. What has happend will happen again, what has not come to pass will do so again and again forever. What is currently happening will affect the future with it's ripples in the ocean of eternity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:09 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

ok this may sound a little silly but hows about using an ork bike and just putting the grot on stilts :-o

i dunno it seems like something they would try and do, being grots and all.

other than that i think dark eldar jetbikes would be ok to cut down. they make great IG bikes and look good with the smaller style wheels.

.... you know what? i'm gonna do a grot biker on stilts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:34 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

Someone did a renegade grot army for a 40k tourney a few years ago. I think they used the old ork bikes. either way, they might be a good start point (i suspect they are significantly smaller than the new ork bikes)

OR have a single grot working a vastly oversized bike? assisted by a team of snotlings? eg the grot hanging onto the handlebars for dear life, while snots jump on the pedals :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:45 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

shiver85 wrote:
Someone did a renegade grot army for a 40k tourney a few years ago. I think they used the old ork bikes. either way, they might be a good start point (i suspect they are significantly smaller than the new ork bikes)

I'll look into this. I'd been working with SM bikes because I had so many of them on hand.

Psycho-Firth wrote:
ok this may sound a little silly but hows about using an ork bike and just putting the grot on stilts :-o

shiver85 wrote:
OR have a single grot working a vastly oversized bike? assisted by a team of snotlings? eg the grot hanging onto the handlebars for dear life, while snots jump on the pedals :lol:

Both great ideas! I might have to do one of each of these.

Thanks guys. Still happy to accept more ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:58 am 
Recruit
Recruit

personally i would suggest going on E-bay and geytting some of the old orginal Ork bikes or even some of the old Squat bikes...they are much smaller and would be to scale with the Grots.

If THAT dont work they i would also suggest going and finding some toy bikes, something like the Matchbox or Hot Wheels toys line might be the right size.

worst comes to worst, just scratch build it using toothpicks, green stuff and some plastic parts to make an engine.