Login |  Register |  FAQ

Digganob Mutie Weapons - What are they meant to be?

Post subject: Digganob Mutie Weapons - What are they meant to be?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:06 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Hi, first post here, and i'm afraid i'm a little confused.
For display purposes only, I would like to make some mutie models. However, I am not entirely certain on what guns are what.
Arbalast to me sounds like a Hellgun, Caliver seems to be a Lasgun, and Jezail is definitely a Plasma gun.
What are the Fusil and Arqueba? also, are my assumptions on the others correct?
Thanks folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:59 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Not sure what you're asking exactly. Do you mean what extant gun do they resemble most closely in rules, as a means of getting modelling ideas for what they look like?
If you posted the weapons we could tell you what they correspond to most closely easy enough.

Except for the arbalest which was a large steel crossbow, all the weapons are named after archaic flintlock, wheel-lock and matchlock guns. If I recall correctly, that's what the Mutie weapons resembled as well.

I think most of these are converted in some way, but a lot of the ranged weapons look like originals: http://www.ironhands.com/minmuti3.htm

In general, a good rule for making Mutie weapons would be long, unwieldy, eccentric and slightly rickety versions of the weapons their rules correspond to.

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity.
With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog, behind which halftruths and untruths can frolic and procreate unmolested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:35 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Yes, I was basically wondering what the established look for these weapons were. In the digganob rulebook, there's a shot of some muties and one is holding what looks like a dark age Lasgun. So I was simply wondering what established weapons look similar to the old things muties were armed with, so that conversion goes simpler.
However, Solegends doesn't have the 1999 catalog in which the Digganob models were featured, so I can't look at images and try to figure out what gun can be represented by which.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am 
Cadet
Cadet

I always assumed that as the muties were descendants of the ships crew that the weapons were loose 'classes' and each on was was probably unique and made out of canibalised weapons and ship parts, recrafted whenever they broke etc.

I'd imagine that they were unrecognisable from their original donor weapons