Login |  Register |  FAQ

New Space Hulk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:18 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Great post Gav!

Brings back many memories of first ed Space Hulk for me. Such a great game! The funnest way to play is to swap around, taking turns being the marines.

Keep us posted on future battles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:35 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I simply love this game! I got me a copy very late(I was lucky), and was impressed by the Minis. Very detailed indeed and the look of the Termis gave me a feeling that I haven't had since my last buddy stopped playing 40k 2nd ed. The floors, doors and counters are also top-quality and have a nice and dark feel about them.

The rules are easy, thus I could talk my wife into playing, which she did enjoy! We played Mission 1 three times, as the first game I was totally overwhelmed by the Stealers (my wife only pulled blips with 3 stealers) while omn the other side I rolled doubles for every Marine in overwatch (Yes, literally every!). The second game was decided in a climactic HtH battle between the Flamer Termie and a Stealer, which the Termie lost. The third game at last showed the valour and battle prowess of the empereror's finest, when a single Marine with Stormbolter cleared a whole corridor then sacrificed himself for his battlebrother to fulfill the mission, as he ran towards the strategic knot in the middle of the bord into the arms and claws of the Stealers, that mowed him down in their turn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Mahurangi wrote:
Keep us posted on future battles!

Well, since you asked so nicely...

After a quiet few months, my buddy and I were able to get our game on again on New Years Day - what better way to greet 2010 than with Storm Bolters and razor-sharp claws?

For Mission Three, I Once again took the Marines and set off a pace across the board, hoping to get to the other side before the 'stealers did away with the boys guarding the path to the exit. All went swimmingly, and I managed to get the CAT three board sections away from the goal with only minimal losses and felt I had it in the bag. Then a combination of cockiness, abysmal rolling and very poor decision making (note to self; never turn your back on a genestealer, especially if you've just flamed four of his cousins) meant my proud marines got ripped through like a dose of salts. When the smoke had cleared I found myself with the two guys I'd left behind as night watchmen seperated from the aimlessly wandering CAT by half the board, which was crammed full of very angry and very pointy genestealers.

In short, a victory for the boys in blue and a good hiding for the Emperor's finest, but another successful afternoon with the dice. Hopefully it won't take as long to get Mission Four, but it won't happen until we're over our current bout of Climate Change here in Britain...

and go racin' in the street