Login |  Register |  FAQ

"Make him an offer he can't refuse"

Post subject: "Make him an offer he can't refuse"
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:48 am 
Private
Private

Hi. I'm deeply interested in the gangster and Mafia scene of the 1920/1930s. The Godfather films are my favourite films of all time, and Goodfellas is amongst my top 10 favourite films.
I recently found the great Copplestone gangster miniatures, but I can't find any rules for games I would use them in. I did think of making my own game using the Necro rules, but I reckon it would be too much effort for me to come up with new weapon stats, gang member types, equipment, and eventually play test them before having to repeat the process all over again.

So does anyone else know of any good gangster rules that I haven't been able to find?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:59 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

look into "pulp" era type gaming the first rule set in mind that pops up is .45 adventure. good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:57 am 
Necroliscious

the legends of the old west rules could be used at a pinch.

The draw idea of lotow makes is more fun to play than necromunda so much so we are thinking about putting that rule into necro for ash wastes games,

In case you don't know how it works, rather than player a moves -fires- fights- recovers.

its like this you decide who has the drop normally fairly random but in lotow you can gamble for it which makes more tactical.

Player with drop moves, other player, player with drop shoots, other players men if not down or run for cover fire back. every one fights.

its a lot more tactical as you get to react to the other person tactics.

In the 4th book there are very basic guides on how to transfer the game over to other time periods.

Ooops sorry went a tad long winded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:11 pm 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

I think somebody made some posts about pulp era miniature gaming a while back. Check out the threads below (That is, if you lugs know what's good for yah!):

Pulp Miniature Rules Round-Up!
Pulp

Pulp Era Slang

The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.