Login |  Register |  FAQ

Book binding... is it a big deal?

Post subject: Book binding... is it a big deal?
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:39 am 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

It's been a long time since I bought a rulebook and it began desintegrating within the first week. But that used to happen all the time. If you're going to write/produce a set of rules, what do you think the best format to print the rules are?

I mean, you've got hardcover books, trade paperbacks, the old folded and stapled down the spine routine, etc.

Truckler

The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:14 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

They always charge more for hardbacks. In the UK, the Rogue Trader rules came out in a messed up hardback. Mine was fine but I know a friend who's RT came out of a faulty teleporter. It was sick how they could print out something chock full of misprints and then print out a softback in better form.

I know that a good hardback is more resistant to falling down your staircase. I'm sure it would be worthwhile so long as it ain't the warped Rogue trader.

I used to get upset when my palladium rpg books had a creased spine. Ah well, can't be helped eh?