Login |  Register |  FAQ

New Dark Eldar game idea

Post subject: New Dark Eldar game idea
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:15 am 
Private
Private

Hi, don't know if anyone has ever thought of this before but I was reading my Dark Eldar codex the other day and noticed that it mentions a kind of war that rages between rival Kabals on Commorragh. Iamb a big fan of Necromunda but find it lacks something, this is where this game could come in.

The idea is that you control a Kabal on Commorragh. This is more like a mafia organisation rather than a Gang, so you could have fights ranging from a few models to half an army. Along with the usual skirmish fighting etc. toy could also have numerous 'minigames' Such as betting on and fighting in Arena Deathmatch fights (this can be against combinations of DE units including Warp beasts, Wyches, Grotesques, Mardrakes etc.). I may even include some kind of races between, Raiders/crew, Hellions etc.

It's only a very basic concept at the moment but do you think it's a good idea? I think it will eventually evolve into across of Necromunda/Gorka Morka/40K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:43 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Someone once made a complete conversion of the Necromunda rules to play using gangs of Dark Eldar in Commoragh.
The website for the game seems to not exist anymore, or it's offline at the moment.

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity.
With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog, behind which halftruths and untruths can frolic and procreate unmolested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:44 am 
Private
Private

cant you give me the link just in case it starts working again, ir I can find out if the hosting has moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:00 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Go onto the SG Necromunda forum and ask about it there. I am sure someone on there had a copy on his computer and will e-mail it if you ask. I thjink if you do a search on that forum you'll find a thread about it. It is called Tales of the Dark City I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:02 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I think this was it: http://www.geocities.com/talesfromthedarkcity/
Says page not found.
If I recall correctly, the game was created by a Game$ Work$hop employee.
I think it was discussed here once (search didn't turn up much), if not, on the old Heart of the Heresy site.

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity.
With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog, behind which halftruths and untruths can frolic and procreate unmolested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:18 pm 
Private
Private

thanks for the replies but have not been able to find a single trace of it anywhere. I'll post on the SG forum and see how I get on though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

http://www.warseer.com/oracle_2_page_4

This is not the complete version, but its something to give you an idea of what the mind set of the creators was.

“Take a squiz at dis beauti! is got both front an bak weehilz, handle barz with both your left and rite turnin funksion, all da rage dezz dayz! and ta kap it all off a bran noo red paint job, kurtacy of da stoopid beeky who gotz himself caught in da front wheel dat last battil!…so let me fix ya up with da dok so ya can take a squiz at our payment planz”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:58 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

sounds like a cool concept like a more varied verison of gorka morka which sadly died 2 fast :-)