Login |  Register |  FAQ

Our One Night Fun Game

Post subject: Our One Night Fun Game
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:49 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I noticed that a lot of people seem to talk about the need for a new game system, one that is more real, using this or that.

One of my friends got tired of the D&D type systems of game play. Beat on something till all it's hit points are gone. You just hit by a 7.62mm round in the chest but you shake it off and keep on going.
Plus he got tired of playing the same campaign week after week with no end in site.

So he came up with what we called Jamie's fun game. It was designed to set up fast, play fast and to have a gamemaster plan out a game to last about two hours.

It started out as a modern warfare game with standard military weapons.
Your group is a special op team and each character has to pick a specialty.
Assault, Demo, Recon, etc...

We have done desert missions, jungles, woods and even New York City looking for terrorist. What ever you can come up with.

Character generation takes about 5 - 15 minutes, shorter once you get the hang of it. After you start playing you will realize that the stat numbers really don't mean too much. A word of advice is to not spend a lot of time on it and don't get too attached to your character. Few survive more than a couple games. Most die quickly to hits in the head, gee kinda like real life. :twisted: Others, a few, end up retired missing legs or arms or both, that's if someone stops the bleeding and airlifts your butt out.

I put the rules down into an excel spread sheet and I have a word doc with the feudal Japan rules we came up with. We have morphed these rules to fit just about any time period we want to play. We also have a medieval set of rules and a futuristic set with mutants and bionics but I have not been able to get his note book to copy them off into a word doc.

These are the basic rules that we use. Some items are missing since they were not written down but we all know them. I have been trying to find the missing parts and add them. I am sure that questions will come up so feel free to ask. I will do my best to explain or answer them for you. If you try the game I would be interested to see how it goes and what you think.

If your character dies create a new one and the gamemaster can bring him in as reinforcements. Our record is someone going through 3 characters in about 20 minutes.

Almost forgot this part. We play it on an eraser board (3' x 5') and use different color markers for walls, friendlies, hostiles, etc...
I would image you could use figures or play it like any other RPG.
We also use the marker board for D&D so that is why we use it.

Sorry the links are down... PM me if you need the rules.

Http://rapidshare.com/files/35401083/Jamie_s.xls.Html

Http://rapidshare.com/files/35402036/Ni ... s.doc.Html

Last edited by wfwhite59 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:06 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

thanks i'll look these over.