Login |  Register |  FAQ

The Ladies of Warhammer 40k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am 
Recruit
Recruit

ya im new to the whole miniature gaming thing of course my bf got me into it because i never wouldve came about this on my own. he was looking @ youtube videos about waaaaay before he even bought assault on black reach. he tried to get me to watch the videos but quite honestly they kinda bored me, but as soon as he got the actual game in hand i became increasingly interested. i really love painting and making them my own. i have only played maybe 3 500pt games so far, rules r a bit tricky @ times but im catching on..... i havent selected a definite army yet but i am playing with the space marines for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:59 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

Welcome to the hobby, and the Eastern Fringe.
It's pretty quiet here in the 40K section, but if you have any questions, just let us know.
Space Marines are an easy army to start with since they are widely available on the resale market, so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

It is true, there aren't many ladies in the hobby! I've been playing since 1992 and met very few! On saying that my local gamesworkshop store, located on Oxford Street in central London does have a female staff member who is a very active gamer and talented painter!
In response to the last post, space marines are definitely a great army for beginners but are also a sound choice for veterans as they offer great conversion opportunities! On saying that if you fancy playing an all female army then sisters of battle are pretty cool and I have it on good authority that they are soon to get their own updated codex!