Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

WarpStrike 40k Skirmish Campaign rules! Updated 2016-06-21

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:21 pm 
Mature, well groomed miniature enthusiast

Adoni-Zedek wrote:
Hawk (and Scourge) wings do have the restriction that you can’t land within 1” of anything other than the target of your charge, but I don't think that will be enough to limit them.
Is it 1"? I thought it was 2" ... Staying near cover should keep one "safe" from them, I'd think...

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:
It is not no wonder that USA children are so, forgive me here, fcuked up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:04 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

It's definitely 1" (I just checked the wargear book). But increasing it to 2" will mean that you can't charge someone who's hugging cover. (Actually, 2" seems kind of big. Maybe I'll reduce to 1 1/2". That's still wider than a round base, so you can avoid being charged by hugging the walls) Mr. Exarch can move in close, and then on his next turn charge 10" on foot. I think I will add the caveat that the "obstructing" terrain must be at least 1" tall for it to interfere with the wings. That way someone can't use a barrel or a sandbag to protect themselves, and they can land on bridges and platforms with railings.

How about this:

WarpStrike Rulebook wrote:
Grants the model a 24” flying move. The flying model will be at a -1 to hit regardless of how quickly it moves, but may not land within 1 1/2” of any model or object over 1" high. The user sustains no damage from falling and may fall any distance without penalty. Models that fail their initiative test when pinned near an edge or hit while in-flight must pass an initiative test to avoid taking falling damage. Includes a grenade ‘launcher’ that allows the model to drop one grenade on any one target it passes directly over while flying. This is resolved just like a shooting attack. This attack may be performed in addition to a regular shooting attack made in the shooting phase. The grenade 'launcher can be loaded with up to two types of hand grenades purchased separately. Charging models benefit from the Diving Charge rule, but may not land within 1 1/2” of any model or object over 1" high other than the target of their charge. Eldar Swooping Hawks only.
Scourge Wings will be the same, but without the grenade dropper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:00 pm 

Looks perfect!

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:33 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

It's been brought to my attention that the Master Crafted Plasma Pistol is too powerful. It's a pistol with range 9/27,+3/- S6, D:d3, -2 save mod that doesn't need to recharge, and never fails an ammo roll. Cost is 75rp, rare 9.

An easy fix is to say that it still needs to recharge after shooting on high power. This is complicated by the fact that the Mk I Plasma Pistol (Chaos pre-Heresy) is the same, except that it never recharges, but explodes on a failed ammo test. Master Crafted, it will never fail an ammo test, and will thus never explode.

So I'm thinking about removing the immunity to ammo rolls from Master Crafted weapons. As a failed ammo check just means you must miss a turn reloading, this isn't a huge penalty, and you sill get +1 to hit and +50% to the range.

This will make it so Master Crafted Plasma Pistols still need to recharge, and Master Crafted Mk I Plasma Pistols will still have a chance of exploding on you, hopefully balancing out.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:25 am 

They definitely need to recharge. I like the "ammo failure auto-clears after 1 round of action" idea applied to all Master-Crafted weapons. Master-Crafted should be a SLIGHT bump (personally, I disagree with the range bonus!), not a majorly different weapon.

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Adoni-Zedek wrote:
a failed ammo check just means you must miss a turn reloading
This actually applies to all ranged weapons failing an ammo test, not just master-crafted ones. I figure these are military forces, so in general, they will have enough ammo with them to last a battle. Just not necessarily all in one clip.

I suppose I could have the Mastrer Crafted ones reload automatically when they fail an ammo test, rather than needing to be manually reloaded. So when your master-crafted bolter fails an ammo roll, you shoot the next turn with your back-up weapon, and by the following turn, your Master Crafted bolter is ready to go again. (with regular weapons that fail an ammo roll, you must spend one turn actively reloading the weapon, which means you can't fire another one, or fight in close combat.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 am 

Right, that makes some sense -- "Master-Crafted" means you don't miss a turn of shooting, just one with THAT weapon (if I've understood you).

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

That's correct, Mujadaddy. (So on high power, there's no need to take an ammo test with a MC plasma weapon, as it will always need to recharge anyway - unless it's a Mk I version :-)) And it's time for an update, incorporating the master crafted changes, and the Rituals of Battle for the Marines and Sisters of Battle.:guns06

Here's the link! http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/40k ... arpstrike/

I've sent the latest version to McCragge, but he hasn't got it on the downloads page yet. If you can't wait, and don't want to join the 40k2nd yahoo group, pm me with your email and I'll send you a copy that way. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:36 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm an veteran Mordheim, Necromunda (and Gorkamorka!) player. In 40k I play Chaos Marines, Sisters and sometimes Orks. In my playing group we also play with Guards, Grey Knights and Tau.

I just downloaded and skimmed the Warpstrike ruleset. Firts impressions:
wow, what a great job!
I was especially pleased with the rules for seraphim and repentias in the sisters list.
I also noticed you gave sisters B4 and T4. The sisters from old times had both B3 and T3. In the witchhunters codex they got B4. Now you give them T4 as well. Did you do this with a special meaning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:43 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Toyama,

First, I'm glad you've taken the time to look over my rules! I really hope you enjoy them!

With regards to the Sisters' statline, I'm not certain exactly what you mean by "from the old times," but the 2nd Edition Sisters of Battle codex gives standard Battle Sisters the following stats:

M:4 WS:3 BS:4 S:3 T:4 W:1 I:4 A:1 Ld:8

As most of the other units in WarpStrike are based off the 2nd edition characteristics, I decided to do the same for the Sisters.

I've played one warband of Sisters so far, and they've been very competitive with the other warbands I've tried them against (Tau, Blood Angels). Let me know how they work for you.

I think the only warbands I haven't playtested yet are the Dark Eldar and Wych Cult. (Dark Angels have also not been tested, but as similar as they are to the other marines, I don't foresee a problem with them). Just a note on the Chaos warbands, If you go with Slaanesh, the sonic blaster has had a pretty serious price increase, and I've changed the Psychic Cacophony so that it only originates from models equipped with sonic weapons. These changes will be in the next release, probably sometime in September

Real life is rearing its ugly head, as I am taking the PE exam in October, and that requires a LOT of review and studying. So updates might be a bit slower in coming until then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:55 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Okaaayy.. I thought my memory went back a long way.
But yours is going back even farther. You're perfectly right about the 2nd edition stats of tthe sisters. My memory appears to go no further back than 3rd edition. In the 3rd edition, Sisters are quite toned down in comparison to 2nd.
I'm looking forward to playing with these hard-rocking-sisters!
:guns02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:13 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I really think you'll enjoy them! Don't forget to use their Acts of Faith (borrowed from the third edition. Or possibly the fourth.) Let me know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:30 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Time for another update! This time rules for Grey Knights have been added! They are limited to ten warriors in the warband, but can take some nasty weapons, and every member has at least minor psychic power use.

There's also a slew of other changes, check the cover sheet to see what they are.

I've emailed a copy of the latest to McCragge, so as soon as he uploads them to the Downloads page, you can get them there. Or, they are still available here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/40k ... arpstrike/

But of course, you need to register (which is free and painless) before you can download from there. Or PM me with your email address, and I'll shoot you a copy that way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:50 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Adoni-Zedek wrote:
So an experienced IG Lt will likely be WS5 or 6 with a powersword, Carapace Armor, and a bolt or plamsa pistol, and possibly even a personal field. A Naked Marine Sgt currently costs 90 points and comes with a combat knife and WS5.

You mean it contains 90 points if we will use that combat knife? Haven't tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Actually, that was before the major weapons overhaul and the Rituals of Battle rule. Now a Veteran Space Marine Sergeant costs 95 points and comes with bare fists. By the time he's equipped with power armor, bolter, bolt pistol, chainsword, and frag grenades (standard load-out for a tactical squad sgt.), he costs 267 requisition points.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next