Login |  Register |  FAQ

Are you interested in reading a 40k players blog?
yes 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
no 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

AwesomeX's Blood Angel blog

Post subject: AwesomeX's Blood Angel blog
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:19 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Well, I haven't been playing Space Wolves much lately. With the new BA 'dex coming out in the next couple months, I've been playing with my beloved Blood Angels the last few weeks, getting the most out of the current PDF before it goes away. With that in mind I've decided to post up what I've been doing in a blog sort of way, basically the same as my Space-Wolf-army-list-turned-blog. I thought this forum would be a better location, as it's not simply an army list.

So the 1500 list I've been playing with lately is this:

100 Corbulo

160 Death Company x7, rhino

235 Veteran Assualt Squad x6, meltaguns x2, power fist, power weapon

155 Assualt Squad x5, power weapon, rhino

275 Tactical Squad x10, plasma cannon, flamer, power fist, rhino

100 Attack bikes x2, multi-meltas x2

125 Baal with heavy bolters

125 Vindicator

The major problem with this list is lack of scoring units, especially resiliant scoring units. At 1750 I add another tac/assualt squad, which helps immensely. 1500 is a tough point value for current BA. Of course, the Death Company is dead hard in assualt, and the bubble of Furious Charge Corbs provides means even the tacs are nasty on the charge. Corbs usually stays in a transport the entire game, no sense risking him unless necessary.

I've long thought that different codexes do better at certain point levels. For instance, the old Tyranid 'dex did best at around 1500. It's main strength was the mass of cheap Carnifexes, once it started running out of elite/heavy slots it had to take a bunch of less effective filler units. This is why 'Ard boyz didn't have as many Tyranid finalists as the various GTs.

The current BA has a similar problem, but really does best in the 1750-2000 range IMO. At 1500, it's very hard to balance your assualt elements with the necessary anti-tank firepower required to pop transports so those assualters can do their job. Added to that is that the assualt and tactical squads are overpriced, but are required to hold objectives, and you have a thorny little problem at 1500. It does make playing BA a challenge, which has made BA players somewhat of a rarity these days. Still, the extra difficulty makes winning all the more fun!

I'll post up my games from last weekend in a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:18 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

well I'm not a 40K player bit I did enjoy reading about your recent tournament. Some pictures would of made it even nicer :)

Urosh Yal, an Orc Stronghold for Skyrim.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13940

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:01 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

The evolution of the Space Wolves list has made for interesting reading. Of course the readability of a blog does depend on the quality of the content. Good battle reports do require pictures!

And I also agree that different lists have different "sweet spots" in terms of point values. Just ask any Imperial Guard player at the start of an escalation league!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Unfortunately, I don't own a digital camera. I don't even have a camera on my phone. Is that wierd? I should get off my ass and join the 21st century...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 am 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

It IS weird and unnatural, especially for a miniatures gamer. A decent digital camera is far cheaper than a new Warhammer 40K army... and it lets you show off your painting, conversions and battles!
I'm not too worried about the lack of a camera phone. A phone that just makes phone calls is perfectly acceptable.
Of course you could just draw detailed diagrams....

Feel free to review our What makes a good Battle Report? thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Sorry it's taken so long to get around to posting these. I intended to do it Monday night. In my defense, I got distracted by the new BA PDF floating around out there. I discovered it only a couple of hours after my first post in this topic.

Actually, now that I'm sitting down to write them out, I realize that it's been long enough that the details are fuzzy. Fuzzy enough that I don't think I can give an account worth your time reading. However, I do plan on playing some this afternoon, and possibly later this weekend as well (I have a 4 day weekend this weekend, so plenty of time even accounting for Valentines Day requirements).

Sorry, hope you aren't too let down. This is a bad way to start my Blood Angels blog!

Edited to add: read the how to write a battle report thread. A little conflicting, but I'll try to follow some of the advice there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Hmm, I just realized that putting a poll about if you'd read a blog in a thread labeled as a blog is probably going to get only one answer. Silly me.

Regarding this batrep and some of the suggestions in the batrep thread: I don't have a digital camera, so can't post pictures. I am willing to try to make a custom picture map in the future. If someone has a suggested program that's free (even one that comes bundled with windows) and has premade icons, I'd appreciate a link. I did actually manage to jot down a few notes, so I've got some more detail than normal. Thirdly, I'm not good at and don't enjoy trying to write stories, so rather than annoy myself and disappoint you I'm going to simply relate the events.

In any case, I played two games at my FLGS, but only one was with the current BA rules available on the GW website. I used my standard competative list, which I wrote out above, but I'll repost here.

100 Corbulo

160 Death Company x7, rhino

235 Veteran Assualt Squad x6, meltaguns x2, power fist, power weapon

155 Assualt Squad x5, power weapon, rhino

275 Tactical Squad x10, plasma cannon, flamer, power fist, rhino

125 Vindicator

List theory
Personally, I find that the attack bikes are the best source of anti-tank in the game currently, possibly excepting rail guns. They have decent range, and are fairly resiliant with two wounds and a 3+ save. Particularily with two of them per squad. They're fast too, easily positioning themselves for a turn 2 strike by turboboosting. But, unless the list has some medium to heavy vehicles, they attract anti-tank weapons and die too quickly. So, I like to design my lists with at least two squads of attack bikes, and some preds and vindicators to distract things like missile launchers.

Death Company and Vets are the heavy lifters of this list. The Tac and Assualt squads I attempt to preserve as much as possible in objective missions. At 1750, with another claiming squad, this isn't so critical, but at 1500 with a maximum of 3 (assuming I combat squad the Tacs) I just can't afford to waste them.

One of the rules that is a grey area is how Death Company (hereafter referred to as the "DC") in a transport act without a leash. The most common interpretation in my area (and the one I believe) is that since the transport is a separate unit, until they disembark they simply go where ever you want the rhino to go. But some people say that the rhino must move towards the enemy, and others say that you may move the rhino as you wish but that the DC hop out and move towards the closest unit unless the transport itself is doing that. In the first case, I almost always put Corbs with the Assualters. Otherwise I put him with the DC. In this particular game, we were playing with the first ruling.

His list
My opponent had Pedro, two small squads of sternguard in a razorback with heavy bolters, 2 Tac squads in razorbacks with flamers and power weapons (one with plasma cannon and one with lascannon), a large assualt squad, and 4 attack bikes in 2 units of two.

Board and setup
The board was set up with a hill in the middle. One side of the hill was a cliff which we said was impassible. We had 4 pieces of terrain (two forest and two ruins) in a sort of slanted rectangle around the central hill. There were also ruined buildings in two opposite corners.

The mission was Seize Ground with 3 objectives. He placed one behind a forest as close to one corner as he could, and one in a forest off to the middle left. Mine went in a ruin to the right, pretty much a mirror image of his second placement. He told me later that he figured with such an aggressive list, even if I won first turn and took the side with the objective in the corner he'd be ok with it since my list was more short ranged. He, on the other hand, had units that could contribute firepower from much further away than I.

We rolled Spearhead deployment. He won the roll for first turn, and he chose the corner with the the objective. He placed one sternguard on the objective in his corner, with it's razorback in front of it. The other sternguard he kept inside it's razorback and placed as close to the nearest objective as he could. He split the tacs, placing the lascannon and plasma cannon next to each other with a decent field of fire over the left hand side of the board. The razorbacks with the flamers and power weapon halves of the tacs he put forward behind the center piece of terrain (with Pedro in one of them), with the attack bikes behind them. Assualters he kept in reserve.

The corner he left for me had no objective in it's borders. There was one objective off to the left, within the two combat squad's field of fire. I staggered rhinos behind each other, somewhat behind the middle piece of terrain (Tacs, then DC, then assualters w/Corbs). The Vets I hid completely behind the rhinos. I put the vindi just in front of the lead rhino, so that it was they only thing that was completely in the open. That heavy concentration was slanted towards my right flank, so I put the bikes on the far left, behind a ruin. The baals I put sort of in the open, between the center and the left. This is one of my favorite deployments, as it appears balanced. However, if my opponent tries to make a wide advance, the bikers and stuff with overcharged engines can redeploy to another flank pretty quickly. This allows for a refused flank that doesn't SEEM like a refused flank during deployment. I tried to Seize the Initiative, and failed.

First turn
Opponent's first turn: he moved his second sternguard razorback 6" towards the objective, keeping it able to fire as he disembarked the troops and ran them into cover on the objective (rolling a 6 for his run roll). The other sternguard razorback moved forward and to the right, freeing up the line of sight for the squad's heavy bolters. The attack bikes move out to draw a bead on the Vindi and rhinos. He hemmed and hawed about the razor tacs, but eventually decided to just move them around the center piece of terrain and pop smoke on one of them (using it and the terrain to give the other cover). Unfortunately for him, he didn't realize that they ended up partially blocking LOS from his rear combat-squadded tacs to my lead baal, giving it cover.

Shooting failed to accomplish much. His blunder with the razorbacks meant that I got a cover save vs. a penetrating hit with the lascannon, which I passed. The attack bikes were outside 12" to my vehicles, so concentrated on trying to crack my transports. They succeeded in immobilizing the Assualter rhino (they'd maneuvered to get a clean shot), but failed to do more than remove the storm bolter from the DC transport. The sternguard razorback lascannons either missed or failed to penetrate. With no troops in the open, his heavy bolter shots just pinged off rhino armor. He realized at the end that he'd moved the tactical razorbacks up with the intention to fire their heavy bolters at the attack bikes, but then gotten distracted by a phone call and ended up popping smoke to keep them from getting hurt. I offered to let him take it back and shoot instead of popping smoke, which he accepted. Unfortunately for him, he only managed to put one wound on a biker, which left me with full firepower.

On my turn, my baals both overcharged, but I rolled a 1 on one of them. I moved the other a few inches to one side to free up LOS. The attack bikes moved a bit, trying to to stay in the 18"-24" range from the Tac razorbacks. On the other side of the battlefield, the vindi moved forward 6", and the Tac razorback was the only one that passed it's overcharge roll. I kept them in the same formation, moving forward and a bit more towards the center, to keep some terrain cover. The Vets moved up behind them. The assualters disembarked and ran forward to keep the rhinos close.

In my shooting phase, the attack bikes blew one of his razorbacks. The Baals subsequently destroyed the exposed squad entirely. On the other side, the Vindi shot and deviated, but managed to clip one attack bike and kill it. Not a bad start!

Second turn
On my opponent's second turn, he moved his attack bikes more to the right to get side shots on the vindi. Pretty much everything else stayed still except the remaining Tac razorback, which moved 6" backwards and to the right.

He managed to remove the cannon from the vindicator and stunned it with the sternguard razorbacks. The combined firepower of the attack bikes popped the Tac's rhino, and subsequent fire from the sternguard killed killed 3 or 4 of them. The razorback and two long-range combat squads killed off the wounded attack bike squad.

My turn, my remaining attack bikes moved forward, risking getting charged by the second razorback combat squad in order to get the bonus d6 to penetration. The Baals - both of which passed their OCE checks - moved 6" forward. My tac squad and assualt squad both ran forward again, with the DC hopping out of the rhino (roled a 1 on it's OCE check) and doing the same. Unless he moved next turn, I'd be in charge range of his right hand razorback and sternguard, as well as the attack bikes. Vindi move forward, interposing itself as much as possible between the combat squads and sternguard and the infantry. The VAS hid directly behind the vindi.

Attack bikes managed to pop the second rhino, and the Baals eliminated the squad. That was my only remaining shooting, except for some plinking with vehicle storm bolters that did nothing.

Third turn
His third turn, his assault squad arrived. He chose to drop them in between his two sternguard squads. The attack bikes moved back outside of charge range.

The Attack Bikes popped the vindi, taking out a couple of VAS in the explosion. In a flurry of shooting, his sternguard razorbacks and long-ranged combat squads took out 4 death company, while the sternguard themselves wiped out all but one powerweapon VAS.

In my half of the third turn, my left flank was pretty much clear. My assault elements were getting badly beat up, and he'd be able to countercharge anything combats I made with his assualt squad. It was not looking good. I had my Tacs move forward closer to the assualt squad. I moved my power-weapon Vets into charge range of both a bike squad and the sternguard, and my DC and standard assualt squad towards the further towards the furthest objective, with the tac squad screening them. The Baals both overcharged and ran forward the full 18", while the attack bikes turbo-boosted to get both into charge range of the combat squads next turn and shooting range of the razorbacks.

Between rapid fire and a flamer from the tacs, and bolt pistols from the DC and assault squad, I managed to remove all but one heavy bolter and one standard marine, who subsequently ran. My lone vet charged an attack bike squad, and got a single wound while avoiding getting killed himself. Later I realized I could have charged the nearer razorback, at least getting closer to the rear objective even if I didn't actually kill it. Ah, well. At the time I was too focused on getting them cover from the tac squad.

Fourth turn
On his fourth turn, his fleeing sternguard rallied, sitting still to keep firing. The closer razorback moved back a bit, and the attack bikes not locked in combat moved 12" toward the center. His assault squad prepared to charge as well.

During the shooting phase, he directed most everything at my DC, killing it off. He managed to kill all but three Tacticals with his shooting from the assualt squad and small sternguard as well. His full assualt squad charged and killed off the remaining tacticals without a single loss (killed everything before the powerfist could strike). The assualt with the Vets was a 0-0 tie.

On my fourth turn, things were not looking good. No real signifcant movement occured. I popped a razorback with the attack bikes, and lit into the assualters with the Baals before charging with the regular assualt squad. After the charge my assualters were down to 3 men plus Corbs, but they ran down the fleeing assualt squad. The Vet died without putting a second wound on the attack bike.

Fifth turn
On the 5th turn, he chose to move the depleted sternguard back into the objective, using a running move to complete it. Attack bikes moved up to shoot my Baals.

In the shooting phase, he popped one Baal and stunned the other with his attack bikes. The sternguard and remaining tac combat squads killed off my assualt squad. After this, I had one stunned Baal and a single squadron of attack bikes. We called it here, as at best I could contest one objective, losing 1-0. We also realized that we'd forgotten to roll for the immobilized rhinos repairing themselves the whole game.

Post-game thoughts
My conclusion: well, the problem with this is unchanged, I need another claiming squad. The extra bodies would have made a huge difference in this game, I think. I just need the extra little push to get my guys into assualt. Also, lascannon/plasmagun razorbacks are just murder, I haven't really played anyone using them much before.

Looking back on it as I type, I think the combat squads in razorbacks that he shoved into my face early were to distract me from supporting my assault elements properly with my firepower. As it was, I basically ran into a meat grinder on my right, while my left shot up a mild threat. If I'd followed my original plan of setting up a refused flank, possibly after popping both transports, I think I probably would have done much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Went and played another game last night at my FLGS, since I had the day off of work. Since it was close to closing time by the time I got a table, I didn't have time to take any notes. Details will be sparse on this one.

This game was 1750, and the only difference is that I add a Tac squad with 10 members, power fist, lascannon, flamer, and rhino. Otherwise it's exactly the same.

My opponent was playing a Tau list that he was testing for tourney, and wanted the toughest list I could devise. Unlike most Tau players (at least around here), he was using a static gunline army. 4 squads of firewarriors, 2 huge squads of kroot + hounds, 2 squads of 2 broadsides and 1 of sniper drones, 2 squads of pathfinders, one piranna, and one HQ suit with the hit-and-run ability and two shield drones.

I had a feeling this was going to be a tough game. All that firepower, and I was going to have to have to try to get close to win in CC, there was no way I could outshoot him. Unfortunately for me, my opponent knew that too.

I did manage to get first turn. I deployed everything as far forward as possible, shielding transports with tanks. My opponent put as much as he could in cover, with two large blocks of 2 squads of firewarriors bracketing kroot, with pathfinders on the outsides of the formation, with the broadsides. Piranna and sniper drones he put off to one flank, and the HQ he placed out front of the Kroot.

First turn, I zoom forward as quick as possible, forgoing shooting. That's it.

He zooms forward with the piranna, missing his shot with it. He then fires the broadsides, and luckily manages to pop the DC rhino and the lascannon tac rhino. One half his firewarriors and some of the Kroot are out of LOS to the unprotected troops, but the tac squad is completely wiped from the board without their help. I think he shot the sniper drones at the DC, but I don't think they killed anything. The remaining firewarriors manage to kill off one attack bike squad as well. His HQ shoots and charges the other attack bike squad (poor planning on my part, I didn't pay enough attention to his options), and combat is a 0-0 stalemate. He may have done a single wound during shooting.

I zip forward with my remaining transports and DC, but have bad luck with my baals and they both end up sitting still and shooting this turn. I demolish a squad of firewarriors, and the vindi shot actually manages hit the broadsides, killing one along with a shield drone. The bikers put a wound on the suit in assualt, but he made his ld roll and disengaged.

His turn, he popped both remainng transports with his piranha and broadside (his anti-tank rolls were outta sight this game!). The firewarriors and kroot destroyed my assualt squad with Corbs, and reduced my tacs to around half. I think he may have killed a DC marine somehow as well. His HQ shoots and assualts my Tacs, and survives with one wound.

My turn, the vindi catchs both kroot squads in it's blast, damaging them. My Baals eliminate the remainder of one kroot squad. My attack bikes shoot the healthy broadside team, then combo-charge it and the other remaining broadside. In CC, they kill the single broadside, and the others hold. My tacs destroy the HQ, but have no cover to consolidate to. The DC charged and managed to destroy the pirahna in assualt.

We ran out of time here, halfway thru the third turn. The outcome was not really in doubt. My tacs would have most likely been destroyed, but some assualt elements had made it to his lines and he had no anti-tank left to deal with my Baals and Vindi. I'd given up 9 kill points, but probably would have destroyed his entire remaining army with just my DC and baals.

I took a risk that he wouldn't seize the initiative and placed in the open first turn, and it worked. If he had, or if I had gone second, the extra turn of shooting would likely have killled enough that I wouldn't have had any infantry left to assualt with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:02 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

With the new 'dex actually out now, I have have written up a list I hope to play in the near future. My biggest problem (for now) is that my attack bikes and Baals compete for the same slots. I can partially solve that problem by purchasing some new standard Preds, as they're actually good to excellent now (as opposed to medium - poor as before). Plus, the thought of an entire army of AV13 armor makes me salivate!

Anyways, here's what I plan to try:

125 Librarian, jump pack, Unleash Rage, Blood Lance

90 Sanguinary Priest, jump pack, power weapon
65 Sanguinary Priest, power weapon

240 Tacs x10, flamer, plasma cannon, power weapon, rhino

235 Assualt Squad x10, 2x meltas, power fist, jump packs

140 Assualt Squad x5, flamer, power weapon, razorback with heavy flamers

165 Scout Squad x10, power fist

150 Attack bikes with multi-meltas x3

145 Baal with assault cannons, heavy bolters

145 Baal with assault cannons, heavy bolters

If I can borrow the models to proxy (even various MC models will work), I'd also like to give the maxed out DC/Dread list a go, just for kicks. You can fit 11 dreads, 25 Death Company, and 1 Reclusiarch in 2000 points. No scoring units, but tons of CC ability. Humorous, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:17 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

I don't have the Codex and have not yet seen it played, but there is at least one Blood Angels player down at the local club. I'm not even certain what counts as Troops in this army. And how many points is this list?
I think the dreadnought army would be fun, but it wouldn't be terribly fluffy unless you were playing Flesh Tearers!
The "all AV 13" army should fight the current crop of "all AV 12" Imperial Guard forces. I'm pondering making one myself, though I don;t have the vehicles to go fully mechanized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:38 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Assault Squads, Tactical Squads, and Scouts are all scoring troop selections. Death Company and DC Dreads are troops, but not scoring. Sanguinary Guard become scoring troops if Dante is selected.

List is 1500 points, my preferred point level (although more and more people around here are playing 1750 as standard).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:30 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Well, I've had several test games with the new 'dex so far. Things I've learned:

The reduction from a 12" (from Corbs and Dante) to a 6" bubble (from the Sanguinary Priest) is HUGE. The change from being within the bubble at the beginning of the assault phase to being within the bubble at the end of the charge is subtle but important as well. With one wound and no options for an invulnerable, they're extremely fragile. All this means that while Sanguinary Priests seem overwhelmingly good on paper, but in actual action are sometimes difficult to get placed to use effectively and keep alive. I'm currently considering placing several in mobile units without any power weapons, and keeping them out of combat entirely. The other option would be to put them with a powerful combat unit, one that will wreck the enemy without him and simply needs to make it to the enemy alive (i.e. emphasizing the Feel No Pain ability instead of Furious Charge).

Scouts are incredibly good for their cost if you can get a charge within a bubble. Always Outflank, or they're likely to get killed before they can charge. My opponents learned quickly not to place units within charge range of the side edges. Even when I could not charge with them, the effect on enemy movement their threat had was usually helpful. I really want to try a Vindicator or two, coupled with the nasty potential of Outflanking Scouts, to force a Ogre's Choice of bunching for Demolisher shells or getting charged by cheap and effective CC units.

The Libby/Priest/10-man assault squad is tough, mobile, and deadly. It can take an astounding amount of anti-infantry firepower and remain deadly. The Unleash Rage ability is especially good, much better than a Chaplain. It's also 1/3 of my current list. I'm thinking about focusing less on the Squad Of Doom and seeing if that helps elsewhere.

Scouting Baals rock, especially if you get first turn. Their scout move allows them to advance to where they can shield overcharging Rhinos in the first movement phase, and still fire all their weapons. It also allows side shots, if you're so inclined. I've never used anything with the Scout USR before, and I have to say I'm impressed with how good it is! The new Baals in general are very good, with the ability to move 6" and fire everything. I'm eager to try out other tanks.

My Tacs seem to be underperforming. I think this is partly due to the reduced bubble I was talking about earlier, and partly they are suffering by comparison to the Assault Squads and Scouts.

My new 1500 list is going to be as follows:

Librarian w/bike, Rage, and Lance

Sanguinary Priest w/bike and power sword

Scout Squad x10 w/power weapon

Assault Squad x5 w/flamer, power sword, and razorback w/lascannon and plasma guns

Assault Squad x5 w/flamer, power sword, and razorback w/lascannon and plasma guns

Bike squad w/2x flamers, power fist, attack bike w/heavy bolter

Baal w/heavy bolter sponsons

Baal w/heavy bolter sponsons

Vindicator

Predator w/autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons

I would really like to fit another Pred in, but I don't know how at 1500. I'm also concerned about anti-tank (this list has no melta power!), but hopefully the four lascannons and two twin-linked assualt cannons will suffice. I did put in a bike squad, as I liked it in my Space Wolf army and I think it will be mobile enough to support most charges. In addition to being a tough unit on it's own, with cover saves and Feel No Pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Well, after a few games I'm now certain that even with a very mobile priest, I really need more than one. I'm thinking I'll go back to my .pdf tactic of leaving them in the transports.

A player from my FLGS whom I sort of casually know asked me if I'd help him practice for 'Ard Boyz. So I've got to come up with a 2500 pt list for this weekend. I've only played a game that large once or twice before, as my usual point level is 1500. So if anyone has any tips on large games, please let me know.

This is what I'm thinking of taking. Some of the vehicles are proxied rhinos, as I don't have enough tanks to play otherwise. And the dreads are set up as they are because I want to try all the new toys on them.

125 Librarian with jump pack, Rage, Shield

200 Librarian Dread with extra armor, heavy flamer, Wings, Lance

125 Furioso with DCCW, frag cannon

50 Sanguinary Priest
50 Sanguinary Priest
85 Sanguinary Priest with bike

195 Death Company x5 with power fist, power weapon, razorback with heavy flamers

125 DC dread with blood claws

140 Assault Squad x5 with flamer, power weapon, razorback with heavy flamers

140 Assault Squad x5 with flamer, power weapon, razorback with heavy flamers

160 Scouts x10 with power weapon, melta bombs

235 Assault Squad x10, power fist, meltaguns x2

145 Baal with heavy bolter sponsons

165 Bikes x3, flamers x2, power fist, attack bike with heavy bolters

145 Vindicator

135 Predator with autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons

135 Predator with autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons

For those who don't have access to the new BA codex, a short explanation of abilities and terms:

All non-vehicles in this list, along with the dreads, roll a d6 before each game. On a 1 they trade And They Shall Know No Fear for Furious Charge and Fearless.

All jump pack units may reroll failed reserve rolls if arriving by deep strike, and roll only 1d6 for deviation.

All tanks in this list are Fast, meaning they can move 6" and shoot all weapons, or 12" and shoot one weapon, or move 18" and not shoot.

Librarian - Shield grants a 5+ cover save to units within 6", Rage grants Preferred Enemy to Libby and any unit he is joined to.

Librarian Dread - a DCCW and a S6 force weapon. Lance is a S10 lance shot that damages every enemy unit in a 4d6" line, and Wings grants it the ability to move like jump infantry

Furioso is WS 6, AV 13/12/10, A2. The Frag cannon is an S6 template rending assualt 2 weapon.

Sanguinary Priest grants Furious Charge and Feel No Pain to all units within 6".

DC dread has WS5, A4, S6, and rerolls wounds. All unsaved wounds generate another free attack (theoretically this could grant unlimited attacks). He also has fleet and ignores stunned and shaken results, but is subject to the Rage USR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:07 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

I got an email yesterday informing me that I have a bonus coming in my first May paycheck. So of course I just got done spending some of it on a pair of new predators! With that in mind, I'm going to try to fit all this into a new list to try as soon as they arrive. The list is:

100 Librarian

100 Sanguinary Priest with power weapon, bike
50 Sanguinary Priest (if he's staying in the ride he needs no gear)

140 Assault Squad x5, flamer, power weapon, razorback with heavy flamers

140 Assault Squad x5, flamer, power weapon, razorback with heavy bolters

155 Scouts x10, power weapon

165 Bikers x3, power fist, 2x flamers, attack bike with heavy bolter

100 Attack bikes with multi-meltas x2

135 Predator with lascannon sponsons

I don't know how this is going to work out. I've got very few troops, so they have to be spent wisely. Against mechanized marine lists, I can probably do pretty well with this list. Not so sure about others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:50 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

With life calmed down a bit, I'm going to try to get back into 40k. As you may remember, I bought two Preds back in May, going for a more vehicle heavy approach to BA. So my 1500 pt list is going to include:

125 Librarian with jump pack, Rage, and something else (Might? Shield?)

50 Priest
90 Priest with jump pack, power weapon

175 Assault Squad x5 with power weapon, flamer, razorback with las/plas

235 Assault Squad x10 with jump packs, power fist, 2x meltaguns

250 Tacs x10 with power fist, flamer, plasma cannon, rhino

150 Attack bikes x3, multi-meltas x3

145 Baal Pred with heavy bolters

145 Vindicator

135 Pred with autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons

Hopefully at 1500 that's enough armor to distract from the transports. I'd really like to fit the second Pred in, but I can't really see how to do that in 1500. I'll let y'all know how the test games go. The nice thing about it is that it's more pleasing to the eye, since it's not spamming a bunch of one unit like my last list did.