Login |  Register |  FAQ

Other Hives' ethnic groups (Necromunda)

Post subject: Other Hives' ethnic groups (Necromunda)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 pm 
Private
Private

Hello,

Does anyone know if any other of Necromunda's hives get any attention, particularly in respect to cultural or ethnic groups? White Dwarf ran a background article with a few paragraphs for each of several other notable hives, but is there any other novel or source that expands on these?

I'm thinking of creating an offshoot of the Delaques in Temenos Hive, unnamed at the moment. They still have the Delaque penchant for stealth, but they're political structure is less factionalized and more coherent. They still maintain good relations with their "mother" ethnic faction, exchanging weapons and equipment often. Though still fairly skilled political operatives, they are less concerned with the "game" than their siblings in the Palatine, being more removed from the direct political intrigue of the hive, leading often to more discretion when dealing with other groups, in part due to the very pious atmosphere of the hive. This means (insert name here) agents are more trusted than Delaque agents by groups such as the Inquisition, who see (name) as less likely to stab them in the back or secret off with information for their own ends. This does make them less skilled in the often incomprehensibly interwoven politics of the main hive. They are still Delaque bald, although they tend more toward tanner skin, stereotypically with bright aqua colored eyes. Religious tattoos on any part of the body are very common, and they speak in a refined, softly crisp accent.

What do you think. If I ever get into model building again, these guys will be built using Delaque models, although for now they'll only be used in my stories. Any additional info on the other hives would be greatly appreciated, in order to portray groups like this one with greater accuracy.

I always saw the Delaques,as portrayed by the novels and other fluff, as fine stealthers and spies, but often too curious and prone to internal political struggles and intrigue for their own good, leading to conflicts when they work with a group like the Inquisiton, where "need to know" is strictly enforced, and which would often result in harsh incidents where Delaque agents have overstepped their clearance to satisfy their own ends. My group, however, being farther removed are less accustomed to this type of intrigue, is more discrete in this context albeit less politically savvy when operating in the main hive, which can lead to problems occasionally as well.

Anyway, thanks for reading and please comment.

Peace out and God bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Only thing I remember about ethnic groups are Orks in The Skull.
But thats material from Confrontation.

I always imagined that there are local Hive houses in other Hives (well maybe half local half Primus houses in Primus cluster).