Login |  Register |  FAQ

Decoys

Post subject: Decoys
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:18 am 
Private
Private

I was thinking about what it would be like if you could deploy 'fake' models on the table.
This would represent something the gangers have set up or made such as firecrackers, a dummy (or more likely a corpse) or a trapped animal.
It wouldn't need mant special rules, just place a model representing the decoy. The idea being to keep your opponent off balance by making him think there's a model there.

What do you think? Has anyone tried this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:34 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

that sounds like a good idea, can find a use for all the waving inflatable tube men my gangers got tricked into buying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:43 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

I can see that being fairly powerful, just being able to influence your opponent's setup is useful, although in game it would soon be obvious that it's a decoy.

That said, I write the names of my gangers on their bases so I know who just earned themselves a wounding hit in the postgame, so that will get in the way of many gamers.

I'd suggest many different types of dummy; cheap, combat armed models, mid-priced riflemen and expensive Heavies, maybe with an extra charge to make it move forward every turn. And, of course, it's a rare trade, and if anyone wounds it, it's broken and can't be used again.