Login |  Register |  FAQ

Grimm style psyker transformations

Post subject: Grimm style psyker transformations
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:22 pm 
Private
Private

Hello all,

Well I'm huge fan of Grimm and I was thinking about creating an Inquisitor character who can psychically alter his appearence Grimm style. I'm basing him on (total badass) Farley Kolt. Should I make it an illusion or an actual biological transformation? Which has more grounding in canon?

Also, is there any mentioned way to do something similar to a non-psyker? I was thinking of a gang or or regiment of shapeshifters using some sort of Polymorphine or hololithic collor to unnerve their foes.

Post subject: Re: Grimm style psyker transformations
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:47 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

for what army etc? do you have a picture of the model in mind?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

Well, they don't shape shift, and I don't think they're in the current rules, but the Space Wolves 13th Company had a unit in which the marines were half-way to being beastmen. And the Space Wolves are know to tolerate bestial mutations like fangs.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Cyber 14 wrote:
Hello all,

Well I'm huge fan of Grimm and I was thinking about creating an Inquisitor character who can psychically alter his appearence Grimm style. I'm basing him on (total badass) Farley Kolt. Should I make it an illusion or an actual biological transformation? Which has more grounding in canon?

Grimm is epic, and for what you are asking for it is fitting that I search through the dusty volumes in my library for an answer to your question. Ok, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration as we need to look no further then the most venerable of tomes, Rogue Trader: Warhammer 40k 1st edition, and it is sitting on the shelf behind my desk. In it are rules for creating everything possible in the 40k universe, including creatures exactly such as you describe. The rules in question are the Mutations, of course, starting at page 52.

In specific what you are looking for is the "illusion of normality". It's description reads "This mutant has at least 1 other mutation but appear perfectly normal. The appearance is kept up right until the person is touched, when its true form will become apparent."

This mutation can be coupled with the mutations "Beastial form", or for a stronger shock you can use "Hideous appearance", which reads "this mutation leaves the creature in such a disgustingly sickening condition that it causes fear in all intelligent creatures (int 5 or more)".

You can of course change the trigger to something other then touch, after all the Rogue Trader book is very clear that the GM should alter whatever rules are needed in the interest of fun.