Login |  Register |  FAQ

Keep me away from Ebay!

Post subject: Keep me away from Ebay!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:11 am 
Private
Private

Once in a while (when I have the Warhammer itch like I do now) I'll browse through Ebay looking for some good deals which usually only pisses me off due to either ridiculously high set prices (I actually saw someone put up a "Buy it now" tank model "New In Box" for double what GW was charging!) or figures bid up so high you might as well go to GW and buy new.

But sometimes, just sometimes, you find a really good deal which just cost me $50 USD, but I did just get 4 land speeders :D and at somewhere between 20-30 USD, it was like buy 1 get 1 free :)

Unfortunately I am trying to PAY DOWN my credit card, not add more to it.

My favorite things to bid on and try to get are the huge random bitz lots which unfortunately are few and far between. I love going through the parts and seeing what marines I can make and how many, it's like a grab-bag and a ton of fun. Unfortunately I always end up spending more overall than I intended.

For example, this round I planned on spending 15-20 USD. So far I've spent 50 and if my current bid goes through, then another 20 on a bitz lot...

I really need to block ebay from my pc.

Post subject: Re: Keep me away from Ebay!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:14 am 
Private
Private

My land speeders showed up last night :) Just a little sprucing up and changing some weapons around... I can't wait.

That gives me a total of 5 to play with, so 1 more and I'll have 2 full squads of 3.

I think the next 2 units to concentrate on are thunderwolves and close combat terminators (both pretty expensive on ebay :( )

*edit*
I am so horribly confused though. The codex allows for the main bottom weapon to be 1 of the following: Heavy flamer, Assault cannon, Multi-Melta, heavy bolter, or the typhoon missile launcher on the back. However, the model only comes with the typhoon launcher, assault cannon and heavy flamer. How is one supposed to mount a heavy bolter or multi-melta if the weapons don't exist :(

Guess I'll have to try and do some conversions, it's just silly that the model doesn't have the options that are allowed for the that model. Ideally I'd like to use the multi-melta off the old rogue trader land speeder, but I've yet to be able to find one unless I buy the entire model at a high price.