Login |  Register |  FAQ

Tau rulebook and GW beardiness

Post subject: Tau rulebook and GW beardiness
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:22 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

I am getting ready to enter a 500 point escalation tourny at my local game club and I of course will be playing Tau. So, I already own the Tau Empire codex, and I was on the Games Workshop website last night checking out what the newest codex looked like and I thought, hey wait that is the one I have. So this morning, I grab my codex from the game room to compare the two, and sadly no, this isn't the newest updated codex. However they say instead of spending $50 on the newest codex, if you already own Tau empire you should instead buy Warzone Damocules: Kanyon or something like that, it has all the newest updates and rules I need to fill out my Tau empire book. So I check that out, and it is $74. I am like WTF? Why would I spend that much money for a couple of updated rules and units when I can spend less and have all of that in the newest codex? Is it just me or does that not make any sense?

McCragge

Post subject: Re: Tau rulebook and GW beardiness
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:03 am 
The Threadomancer

Sadly this is how GW seem to work now, maximum cash for minimum content. I love the whole Dark Millenium fluff but can't stand the way GW try to rip off people. I'm now a kings of War convert even though I prefer the warhammer world. I'm sure you can get the rules for free from dropbox or something. :-)

My Blog