Login |  Register |  FAQ

Wozniacki cruises in Auckland, other seeds struggle

Post subject: Wozniacki cruises in Auckland, other seeds struggle
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 am 
Recruit
Recruit

sbobet8888
AUCKLAND - 2 January 2018: Top seed Caroline Wozniacki cruised through to the second round of the WTA Auckland Classic on Tuesday but other seeded players struggled in their opening matches of the new year. The third and fourth seeds Barbora Strycova and Agnieszka Radwanska were both pushed to three sets, as was number two seed Julia Goerges on the rain-disrupted previous day. The other four seeds, including defending champion and fifth seed Lauren Davis, were all eliminated in the first round. But there were no problems for Wozniacki after the Dane recovered from a rough start to romp home 6-3, 6-0 against American Madison Brengle."I didn't really know what to expect. It was my first match back and I hit some crazy shots in those first few games and I thought 'Wow, this is going well' and then I'd make an easy mistake straight after," she said."I kind of found my ground as the match progressed and started being more steady and going for my shots when I found the opportunity." Radwanska scraped through to the second round in a tough three-setter against Brazilian Beatriz Haddad Maia. The Pole was down a break in the third set before rallying to beat the 21-year-old 6-2, 4-6, 6-2. "The most important thing, I won the third set," she said. sbobet8888