Login |  Register |  FAQ

Squevil's story and The Assassins Guild

Post subject: Squevil's story and The Assassins Guild
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I first showed up at Ricos during a time when it was hard to make a living out in the wastes. Gear was over priced and hard to find. Finding a bolt gun was hard enough, finding protection to wear harder.
After speaking to a couple of locals who went by the name of Rax and Volcuer then asked their leader if I could join their gang the 117 Rogues. I was still a lonely juve back then, trembling while holding my stub gun facing enemies at deadend, trying to clear the hordes. Luckily after they were cleared they rarely came back, not so good though if you are looking to make a living from mugging the hoards. Usually you could find another area to make some cast then pop back in a few days and they would return.
Passing through the dome you would find items of value too, traveling alone to distant corners usually paid up. However before enemy monsters got clued up and started wearing armor this was the only way to find gear in the wastes.
Traveling back then was also far more dangerous, the law dogs did not have such a tight grip and many a juve died at the hands (or guns) of heavily armed top gangers. I heard rumors of this half cyborg called Bolt who wandered the wastes with a cyborg cat at his side killing anyone who dared crossed his path.
Soon enough I found out this was not just a rumor! Walking round Alpha Dome north I faced the brute and only awoke a few days later at Ricos bar. Luckily I only suffered a flesh wound on that occasion.

The 117 Rogues at this time was beginning to slacken Ash Pit Harry became idle counting his credits. Some say he had built a fortune of 60 million credits. Personally I did not believe any of this as no juve would ever see 1 million in a life time let alone 60 million! Harry stopped being an active leader and a few of us decided to break off and form our own gang under the title The Assassins Guild. I actually joined a short time after the gang was informed as the leaders Fulgrag Rax and Rufus Cloudburst were secretly recruiting the best gangers and I still had a little training to do before I met the gangs requirements.
During this time Harry was also over thrown and Ultimore took over the Rogues in a desperate attempt to regain the Rogues former strength. But the damage was already done as the Assassins Guild started to make their way through the ranks and were becoming a threat to the dome.

For me this was one of the most exciting times in my journey. Shortly after I joined the Assassins I came across my first piece of archeotech! Ahh I remember it well! The boots I found were flawless and I nearly fell at the sight of them, as far as we knew they were only the second pair in existence, when Rax told me they are worth at least 10 million credits I (&#$@!) myself and handed them to the gang store house master; Derick Trotter for safe keeping.
Volcuer then took a shine to me, perhaps it was because I was the only woman in the gang, I dont know. But volcuer trained me in combat and took me up to ganger standard. We would all train together in the cage arena and try our new skills. During this time we realsied our full potential and started taking out the other gangs.

Bolt had not been seen in a while it was suspected that he had left the dome, however the treat remained and we saw that our best chances were to dominate the dome.
The Assassins Guilds secret was a simple one; we were organised. The high ranking gangers would issue orders to the gang and we would capture all of the strategic locations. We may not of been the most experienced gangers but through our planning we took over every location there was.
By holding all the locations we became more powerful, we suppressed the Rouges into defeat and they were forced to hide in the shadows. Hits were sent out on the leaders and we picked them all off. Only Harry escaped and he was never seen again even to this day.
Bolt got wind of the action in the dome.
We were doing routine checks on locations out in cyborg alley when the first strikes came. We were at the entrance of the archeotech hoard when a Bolts Brawler was spotted! Excited by the prospect of another kill we targeted the young ganger. It was a trap. Out of nowhere Bolt lunged out of the shadows and sent us all packing. Serious wounds were caused and we had to retreat. We lost a few locations due to their return and a large scale gang war began.

The war battled for many months with gang territory passing gangs constantly, many gang members on both sides were attacked and wounded, some even had their lives ended and were never seen again.
We had to do something to end this war. Bolt was far stronger than any of us and we fled at the sight of him.
We decided to recruit more gang members and strike at night and hit fast. Our numbers were greater than the Brawlers and they were nearly out numbered 4 to 1. Though sheer determination we drove the Brawlers back.
Bolt admitted defeat and retreated back to the safehouse and was rarely seen for some time.

After defeating Bolts Brawlers there was no stopping us. New areas were located and we gained more experience and became stronger. The enemy monsters began making their own armies and began wearing armor and carrying weapons. As an experience gang we took advantage of this and slaughtered them in the 100s maybe 1000s. Rax, Volcuer and myself would pass the highway daily with hunting knives assassinating all opponents and taking all of their wares. Nobody could stop us. Even the Law Dogs were worried about the power we were gaining.

The leader of the Assassins (Rax) wanted to nominate a new leader. After a year of domination some of the members became dormant and Rax wanted new blood at the helm. This is when I stepped up. I had surpassed my teachers and was fast rivaling even Bolt's skills. The gang deeds were handed to me and Rax stepped down.

Tragedy struck the assassins on 26th December 2010 when Fulgrag Rax passed away. The player Glenn Reading died at a very early age in his sleep on Christmas evening.

With Volcuer at my side we continued to dominate the wastes. The Assassins remained unstoppable even in those dark days.

Then came Bolts return! Bolt had strayed too far from where the action lay and his circuits were not what they used to be. I had become the greater threat. Still for better or worse another battle began. Brawlers were re-drafted into action and once again the Assassins appeared to have a worthy rival.
As gang veterans though it didnt take us long to suppress the Brawlers back into submission.
The biggest blow to the brawlers was when Bolt disbanded them and requested to become an Assassin. Suspicion rose as we had people try and infiltrate before and we knew how to do this well as we had spies in every major gang in the wastes. We even had members in the Brawlers as they fought us!
With a little reluctance we gave Bolt a position in the gang. Without any rivals we were totally unstoppable.

Rather than competing with other gangs we ended up challenging our selves pushing our skills higher and higher. We should of sat back and watched from the stands but we wasnt going to let our domination grow idle.
A few of the members did retire eventually and it was left to a select few to watch over our territories.

By this point we started to realise that gangers from the east had started to settle in and try and make a name for themselves. We came to a decision within the gang to allow them free passage in alpha Dome. Unaware that we were allowing this new gang to take shape the Rainbow Serpents began to grow.
We thought nothing of this new gang until one day they began to attack. We realised they had skill that surpassed Assassin members and became a threat to our dominance.

For us this was an exciting time. We started to feel we finally had a worthy opponent and took great pleasure in signing new hit lists and knocking off Serpents. this was a rich and fruitful time in our gang history. This war continued on and on. We loved the blood shed.

Through the word of a passing trader we soon discovered the location of a new dome. Gamma dome was discovered and we found a new challenge. Gangs so powerful we couldnt defeat them to begin with. eventually they started to break under the attacks from Volcuer, Bolt and I. I lay claim to be the most powerful ganger ever to roam the land. But my ego had blinded me.

I set up camp one evening and lay to rest by my fire at Gamma Dome. My fast reflexes were so fast that even in my sleep I could kill any living creature from 100 yards. Only there was somebody that was half machine... Bolt.
That night I was attacked by my own fellow Assassin, a very high ranking noble Assassin at that. bolt had earned our trust and rose up to the highest level of command under the vice leader.
I was shot and left for dead, I was told that when i was found they thought I had already gone. Luckily a local ratskin has a ailment that would suit my needs. Over time I was nursed back to health.

The Brawlers were summoned for one final time, my rivalry with bolt grew to new heights and were were in a deadlock. I was back at full health but Bolt grew even stronger than before. We kept the other Brawlers at bay. They lay idle for too long and were no match for our lowest ranking Assassins. The days of old were back and although the fighting was less the tension was high. Bolt had hits on his head for my attempted assassination for over 50 million credits. By this point we made Ash Pit Harry's wealth look like pocket money.
The hit was never claimed and Bolt remained our greatest enemy until the end.

The end of that era came when the Law Dogs signed a new document called Operation Havoc.
Rumors spread about like wild fire why the dogs would make such a law.
I took it upon myself to stop the madness and loaded my gun with 2 dumb dumbs. One etched 'Bobby' and one 'Lusr'.

The Law Dogs would always leave Ash flats at the same time every day to make the rounds. the first mistake. The second mistake was not spotting me holding my nickel plated machine pistol loaded with my own custom slugs.

It was all over in a flash of powder. Both Law Dogs lay dead.

Most gangs left in a panic, most gangs paid the Dogs for protection and now they were gone there was nobody to protect and serve.

Bolt was never seen after the Law had died, some say he was funded by there taxes, others say he fled in terror. Last I heard he was somewhere beyond the old city with a few Brawlers. Nobody knows for sure.
The older gangs were never seen again either, they decided to move on. Perhaps they joined Bolt for protection? However not everyone left...

The Assassin Guild remained behind and joined forces with the leader of the 117 Rouges and the leaders of the Rainbow serpents. We formed a new gang under my command.
After killing the Law Dogs with my gun I decided to retire my trusty gun at this point and found a new taste for explosives. By no means a subtle assassination but it smells great!

The Havoc paper was destroyed and a new law enforcement was hired to try and keep control over the general public. Much smarter than the last pair, the new Law Dogs were far stronger. We lay low for a while but rumor spread that they were happy with the achievements and started giving medals out for heroic deeds. I was even offered medals for defeating what was considered the most powerful law enforcement agency.

Some call this new era 'version II'. Im not buying it, it feels just the same to me and my gangers. We still lead the wastes under the watchful eye of the law. We did get a few new rivals, some had come from afar. They had heard of our reputation and thought they would seek fame and glory by eliminating us.
HA.
They had a shock alright, soon they came crawling to our safehouse asking to join us.
Did they realise the saying "If you cant beat them join them" is another form of submission?
They called themselves the legion and talked tough, they didnt stand a chance. The new combined Assassins had some of the greatest gangers from all the gangs of the wastes. As a combined force we wasnt going to lie down and let another gang talk trash about us. We humiliated them.
Every move was watched and we had multiple spies in their ranks. they couldnt manage to hold a location for hours let unless we allowed it.

Things changed though. I felt that our days were numbered. Greed had taken over and the spirit of the Assassins was no more. Dominating the land was not enough. I had thought about retiring many times in the past, now was my time.

The last contracts and all evidence of them have erased. All the gangers were told to go their separate ways and to never use the gang name again.

A new era will begin, Azariel has formed a new gang of his own once more. I hope that some will follow him and they can prosper.

I will kick back where it all began now. I have a lot of love for Rico's drinks and the company that the bar brings. With the few credits that remain i shall buy myself a home in Ash Flats.

Dont lie idle though. The itch for action will always remain. If you hear a boom somewhere you better (&#$@!) run. You know when im coming and I will erase you from this world in an instant. And if you ever see Bolt lurking out in the shadows you better tell him this from me;

"It was I who killed your cat".

Post subject: Re: Squevil's story and The Assassins Guild
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

squevil wrote:
And if you ever see Bolt lurking out in the shadows you better tell him this from me;

"It was I who killed your cat".

Message Delivered :D

McCragge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Squivel, now that is a great tale. Thank you for the drink and the retelling of the history. It's been a long time since I last enjoyed your company and a shot of Rico's Wildsnake.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:40 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Happy Birthday Rax :)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:17 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

When I posted that I was tempted to move this post. But thought it was old and well out of date :P

Rumors have it that the player squevil has been running under ground dealings on the super black market an is super low key. but you never know if that old timer will return on not!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:51 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Entertaining tale. I wish there'd be more gang action in these wastes...