Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

+++ Bug Reports V3 +++

Post subject: Re: +++ Bug Reports V3 +++
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:42 am 
Cadet
Cadet

This morning two newbies (Solomon_Kane and Papa_Nurgle) asked how to procure Malted Wheat.

You might remember that Malted Wheat is required to complete the last segment of Dust Devil Thompson's quest.

Since it can only be obtained through crafting, they're stuck.

Rather than have them wait till crafting/cooking is available again, I suggest you could drop some malted wheat regularly on the black market, or better yet make it purchasable at Leon's in Ashflat.

+++

On another thread, they also noticed the game is very hard as it is. Especially for shooters given the astounding price of bullets. Now that's something I can relate to :guns02 .

The regular ammo may seems fairly priced, but the rest is absurdly expensive.

By the time one gets his hands on enough money to safely buy these ammos in telling quantities (roughly past level 150) one will have no use for them as they won't make a difference against high-level mobs. Conversely they have become almost a prerequisite (dum-dums and hollow-points) for newbies since the recent level requirements change that saw most weapons hit their marks less often. It's far more telling when you're between lv 10 and 50, no doubt !

Heck, why not revise the price of ammunition based on the damage they add. That would be both intuitive and practical (I wonder why I never thought of that before).

Here's a summary:

Regular: 12
Hollow Point: 40
Dum-Dum: 80
Armor Piercing: 200
Inferno: 500

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:48 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

MadGI wrote:
This morning two newbies (Solomon_Kane and Papa_Nurgle) asked how to procure Malted Wheat.

You might remember that Malted Wheat is required to complete the last segment of Dust Devil Thompson's quest.

Since it can only be obtained through crafting, they're stuck.

Rather than have them wait till crafting/cooking is available again, I suggest you could drop some malted wheat regularly on the black market, or better yet make it purchasable at Leon's in Ashflat.

+++

On another thread, they also noticed the game is very hard as it is. Especially for shooters given the astounding price of bullets. Now that's something I can relate to :guns02 .

The regular ammo may seems fairly priced, but the rest is absurdly expensive.

By the time one gets his hands on enough money to safely buy these ammos in telling quantities (roughly past level 150) one will have no use for them as they won't make a difference against high-level mobs. Conversely they have become almost a prerequisite (dum-dums and hollow-points) for newbies since the recent level requirements change that saw most weapons hit their marks less often. It's far more telling when you're between lv 10 and 50, no doubt !

Heck, why not revise the price of ammunition based on the damage they add. That would be both intuitive and practical (I wonder why I never thought of that before).

Here's a summary:

Regular: 12
Hollow Point: 40
Dum-Dum: 80
Armor Piercing: 200
Inferno: 500

Good idea on all that. I had forgotten there was a mission requiring crafted items. So temporarily until the new crafting system is in place you can by the Malted barley from Leon (he is the fat guy dressed in blue at the north end of Ash Flats)

As for the bullets. You know, since it is price per round, I will adjust the price as per your suggestions and give it a go, see how it works. Ivan isn't going to like it much.

McCragge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:33 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Quote:
Good idea on all that. I had forgotten there was a mission requiring crafted items. So temporarily until the new crafting system is in place you can by the Malted barley from Leon (he is the fat guy dressed in blue at the north end of Ash Flats)

I'll pass the info along if I happen to see them tomorrow.

Quote:
As for the bullets. You know, since it is price per round, I will adjust the price as per your suggestions and give it a go, see how it works. Ivan isn't going to like it much.

Well, this is business. He'll just have to adapt. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:54 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Actually Thompson asks for WHEAT MALTED, not malted barley.

+++FIXED+++

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:40 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Just a bit of fine-tuning on the bullets: Hollow Points price is displayed as 40 in the item description, but the retail price is 100 (in Widowmaker and Junktion).

Apart from that it should be noted that the level requirement on bullets doesn't seem to work. A newb said earlier this morning he used armor piercing (level req 30) while he was only level 20-something.

Last edited by MadGI on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:37 am 
Cadet
Cadet

After a lot of testing, I believe the price for ammo to be right for any level. Since it's harder to hit the mark, it's reasonable to allow fresh players to be able to constitute a good stock of ammo. It still won't come cheap as a matter of fact but it's balanced that way.

Now, their level requirements may be too low.

HPs at 10 and DDs at 20 are alright since they quickly become all but essential at their respective levels. Especially considering the scarcity of high-end weapons in the lower levels, the newbs need that boost to damage to be able to defeat mobs in the Doonmoor mines and the Library, not to mention the various bosses.

But the Armor Piercing and the Inferno level reqs are too low. They'll allow newbs to power-level too easily. Of course they can already do that with the rad-rounds, but these are limited to 9 per day (and they'll still have to hit their mark !).

So here's a couple of suggestions:

Armor Piercing should be level 40
Inferno should be level 60

No more, no less. After all this takes into consideration both the fact we can't always expect to find a high-end weapon when we need to, and that we should be expected to spend money to get money and exp.
Certainly they'll find out by themselves that the money they get from even a level 60 monster (such as a Death Merchant) won't cover the ammo expense to kill him (1 inferno + 1 AP) , yet at a lower level they would abuse it nonetheless since exp is all-important.

And of course, for that to work the level-reqs have to work first.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:12 am 
Cadet
Cadet

The gun vendor in Junktion sells guns and armors but will only buy back guns.

The Junktion pet vendor buys back anything including guns and armor. However some items are displayed but can't be sold (armor parts mostly).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:09 am 
Cadet
Cadet

The other day I noticed all the prices in Junktion's Emporium were off by a very large margin.

Apple cider at 520 ?
Gem cutter tool at 12500 ??
MRE case at 10000 ???

Wow, a gremlin must have wrecked havoc on the vendor's cash register :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:48 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Today I noticed the "Fiber Weave" appearing twice in the crafting tech tree:

fiber weave lvl 10 (engineer)

fiber weave lvl 4 (recycler)

Is it an error ? If it is I think some recipes should be moved down the recycler tree to allow progress. Perhaps base materials like Glass Ingot and Wood should be moved down to leave room for more complex items.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:39 am 
Gunner
Gunner

I completed the Recycler Lvl.3 this morning with Molo, but instead of unlocking lvl.3 craftables (Iron ore) and starting to progress towards level 4 the progress bar just reseted itself and now Im forced to re-climb my way through level.3 :annoyed

Edit: Completed the level again, this time it advanced me to level 3 without a problem :D

Thank you

:borg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:47 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

This should be fixed

Molo wrote:
I completed the Recycler Lvl.3 this morning with Molo, but instead of unlocking lvl.3 craftables (Iron ore) and starting to progress towards level 4 the progress bar just reseted itself and now Im forced to re-climb my way through level.3 :annoyed

Edit: Completed the level again, this time it advanced me to level 3 without a problem :D

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:28 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Sometimes the screen freezes during a fishing session, for no apparent reason.
The left hand menu is also gone. There's nothing left to do but refresh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

I noticed that when fighting mobs that appear in groups of 5+ the combat sometimes refreshes itself without any apparent reason. Most of the time this is no problem at all, Id simply need to re-command my pet and continue the combat as normal. But, sometimes when the combat refreshes itself right after my pet has killed a mob, the mob becomes bugged. It re-appears after the refresh and counts as dead, so nor I or my pet can attack it (Though my pet will keep targeting/following the mob ignoring all other mobs). Bolting out works in this case, or killing all the other mobs.
Then there is the "worst" scenario, when the refresh happens just after my pet kills the last mob in the combat. The mob re-appears again and becomes untargetable. Bolting out doesnt work in this case (as the combat is already "won" but there is no continue button), but refreshing the game again ends the combat and lets you continue hunting like nothing happened. (In both cases the respawning mob can move but not attack)

(Sometimes this happens if I accidentally try to move more than my current AP after attacking. I havent been able to reliably dublicate the bug in this manner. Sometimes it works, most of the time not :lol: )

Just to let you know :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 am 
Cadet
Cadet

I noticed earlier today that an item has disappeared from my inventory.

I had a Mysterious Part 3 and now it's gone.

Don't bother asking if I accidentally dropped it. I didn't.
I tend to be overly cautious with such a rare piece of technology.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:09 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

A recipe is missing in Chef. The Sturgeon Steaks.

I suggest you move all other recipes down one level to make room for it (since it's a legendary), starting with lemonade down to level 4.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next