Login |  Register |  FAQ

+++ Bug Reports V3 +++

Post subject: +++ Bug Reports V3 +++
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Place all problems, issues, breakdowns and of course bugs here :)

Post subject: Re: +++ Bug Reports V3 +++
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

list, take a deep breath :)

pets:

using pet heals in combat heals the player not the pet +++ FIXED +++

pets can occupy the same tile as another entity. however if they are over a monster you cant attack the monster

they are not gaining xp (mine stopped at lvl 3 and others wont lvl at all) +++Not a bug, you need to boost your charisma+++

the sprite doesnt appear in combat +++ FIXED +++

the use pet as default bar is hidden and we can only see half of it. (im using firefox on widescreen lap top) +++ FIXED +++

when 1 mob is in the battle the pet wont attack unless you are adjacent to it. if a player is using ranged attacks against 1 mob the pet is useless. +++ FIXED +++

General:

cant sell items +++ FIXED +++

at the edge of the map we can see the game tiles in a list

mission items are too rare +++ FIXED +++

hitting mobs outside the sewers is a little tricky (without a pet id be lvl 7 in the sewers still)

cant change from gun to melee during combat (running out of ammo can be fatal!) +++ FIXED +++

switching to single or multiplayer combat makes the combat screen turn to green meadow gui

gun animation is an arrow +++ FIXED +++

when you select to shoot it says fire arrow +++ FIXED +++

monsters beyond alpha dome floor have items too high for their level and it makes them too hard to hit and the loot we get worthless.

remove bank limit. +++ FIXED +++

battles in the mines take place in grass lands

the items in the auction stay there after auction ends but the item is unsold. +++ FIXED +++

says shoot arrow when using a bullet. +++ FIXED +++

using psi powers it says select the destination of your spell. +++ FIXED +++

*note

pets dont run away. but if your charisma is under the pets level you can not make it default pet in combat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:07 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Squevil pretty much hit the nail on the head with that post, but here is a small list that I've found:

*Occasionally when leaving combat or the pet page, the screen will just go a blank grey, with the chat, stats, and menu still up. I am using Chrome

*If you click on the "Psychic Abilities" Tab in the character menu, you can use the healing abilities outside of combat and it wont charge MP *Solved, you just need to refresh the page, and it will show up.

*When battling in the Wolf Den, the battle screen still has the Grassy Meadow GUI

*Dont know if this is a bug or not, but when I die and go back to my death spot, I only pick up like, 1 WN, when I lost like 1-2k

*Not a huge one, but whenever I attack someone I need to click on the screen at the start of the battle in order to be able to move with the keyboard.

*When attacking upward, the attacking symbol is shown to be attacking towards the left, when the
damage is dealt upwards. +++ FIXED +++

*When talking to the man in the first house south of the entrance of the Wold Den, when you click on "No way man" it pops up with "Wrong position in map" and when you click continue, it sends you back to Rico's +++ FIXED +++

*The heads of some of the enemies covers the health bar, so we can't see how much they have.

*When I double click on the exit button from the Black Market screen, it puts me into the building in northeast Ash Flats

*No image for the Mental Kick/Bash projectile. +++ FIXED +++

*So i was ambushed in the mines by some guy, but when his goons attacked me I accidentally refreshed, and now in my journal there is the mission: Ambush - Lvl 5 and its description is: 03/08/2013 Ambush Ivl 5 Jumped by a bunch of masked men. And there is nothing I can do to get rid of this. +++ This is an on going mission, that is supposed to be that way :) +++

*When I am fighting with my pet and there is only one enemy left, my pet wont attack and I am given the message "Your pet does not want to fight alone" This makes fighting a bit difficult for me as I am trying to be a gunner, yet have to be next to my opponent for my pet to attack. When there are more than one enemies, the pet will fight all of them alone just fine until the last one, then the above happens. +++ FIXED +++

*When you attack an enemy with your gun and pistol whip them instead of shooting, there is no animation for the attack.

Last edited by Ditzy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Very tiny one, bit it needs its own post because it is long.

So during combat, above the chat box is the tiny question bubble that tells about the combat system. Currently it says:

"Strategic combat system

In this combat system Action Points are used for all the actions you want to execute.
- Walking cost 1 AP
- Drinking/Eating cost 2 AP
- All other costs 3 AP

You can fire arrows, or cast spells on distant opponents by pressing the button of the action and then click on the opponent which will be your target. To fight with melee weapons just walk over an opponent.

To walk you can use the arrow key or the same 'WADX' keys as in the 2D map. To end/skip a turn press return or space.
You may also switch to the simplified combat system if you feel this system is too complex for your own taste. To do that, just click on "Your account"."

The second paragraph needs to be updated a bit, Because there aren't spells, and you don't like it being called spells xD. It really means to say:

"You can shoot bullets, or use psychic abilities on distant opponents by pressing the button of the action and then click on the opponent which will be your target. To fight with melee weapons just walk over an opponent."

Really its only the second paragraph. It is just a tiny thing that isn't really a huge deal, but i feel it was worth mentioning.

Similarly, In the simplified version of the combat system, the final sentence you see after you beat the monster is:

"The Lord has rewarded you 297 Gold as bounty for defeating this creature."

Which is all sorts of messed up.

Now these aren't really big things, but i still think they are important, because they show up often.

+++ All Fixed up +++

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:01 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

the pet healing appears to be quite buggy still. healed at first. now its doing strange things like ignoring my whole turn and sending my pet off randomly.
+++ FIXED +++

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:33 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

The Rat:

When you buy the rat, it has only 1 hp and when you try to make it attack, it will just make it run around scared, meaning you cant level it at all. I don't know if it is just a useless pet on purpose, or whether it isn's supposed to be this way.

+++ FIXED +++

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 am 
Recruit
Recruit

when leaving shops screen goes black and i have to log out and log back in.

in battles it will not let me shoot, I also cannot now equip my knife as it says my stats are too low?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:35 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

rob0602uk wrote:
when leaving shops screen goes black and i have to log out and log back in.

What browser are you using?

Quote:
in battles it will not let me shoot, I also cannot now equip my knife as it says my stats are too low?

Make sure you have bullets in your inventory to be able to shoot your gun. Bullets are a rare commodity in the wastes so use them sparingly.

Be sure to unequip your other weapon before equiping your knife. You also might be wearing a particular piece of gear that is lowering a particular stat, unequip that so you can use the knife.

McCragge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

because my pet has been blocked from the target it has froze the combat and its just saying attacking constantly.

perhaps if no contact should be made it just makes a random move?

on the topic of pets attacking...

if there is only 1 monster left the pet needs to have you next to the monster for it to attack. this needs to be removed as many players will rely on distance fighting to win. this forces the player to come into contact for a potentially fatal blow.

+++ FIXED +++

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:41 am 
Gunner
Gunner

I was too affraid to post my opinion about the Widowmaker in the Updates section :lol: So here's few thoughts:

First of all Arena 1 is awesome! everything you could hope for: Huge-open Space with fair ammounts of mobs to fight and all required stores nearby :D Few things to mention though:
1) The Slaves and Technos doesnt seem to drop any loot +Fixed+
2) The Slaves and Technos show in the Table Of Hunting as little ghosts and skeletons ;P +Fixed+
3) There could be more gore in the floors and walls in Arena 1, Its disturbingly clean considering its a constant battleground
:chaingun :longshot :guns05 :onguard :rapidfire :guns03 :semiauto :fullauto :blackeye

And of course caged arena is still WIP, but I mention it anyway :wink:
Widowmaker itself looks wicked (in a good way ;P)

Apologies for all the fighting smileys

Edit: Oh right... one other thing... The "Pshycic powers" section in the menu is now "Spellbook"... So does that mean we can start to call all the Psionics
"spells" now? :P

Last edited by Molo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

i didnt stop calling them spells XD.

more gore please.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:38 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

The gore and scarring I did that on purpose because as you to tougher and tougher arenas the area will be more battle scarred. Did you notice the small trail of blood leading from Arena 4 to the medical store :)

As far as the "Spellbook" I could have sworn I fixed that last night :(

McCragge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:30 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Here's few things I noticed about the widowmaker:

1) It seems that if someone attacks and beats me in widowmaker my character loses xp :eek: I guess this is supposed to happen in "live battles", but not in those regular "caged arena battles"?

2) The experience gained/lost in "live battle" seems broken... We tried few battles with Azar and I gained about 30k xp/victory, and Azar about 65k... and of course the "loser" lost the same ammount of xp... (level difference about 10 levels) on the other hand: if you're bold enough to accept the live challenge the stakes should be high :lol:

3) You can't use pets in "live battles"

:D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:26 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Yup.... no pets in battle suc ks for Beastsmasters... i can not shoot and fight good... My pet fight for me...

ARENA FIGHTS

Molo... You not have right here... Lost (or win) nice xp in online fight is good... this is online pvp duel not ,fiki-miki, :P
I think in v3 we should make something new about players and gangs rivalisation... We should fight on arena for gang prestige(online gang fights) and players prestige (pvp online duel on arena), not raiding like in v2....

DAMAGE BUG (guns and close combat weapons )

I start thinking about combat formula.... Mayby combat formula is good, and problem is with something else ?
I think problem is - monsters armours... They just have much too much protection points and absorbe all damage... My proposition is change protection points of monsters :

Nonu-Tecs,Freelancers,Syntha Cultists minus 20 perc
Dead End monsters minus 30 perc
Dead End Flies , Monsters from mines minus 40 perc
Spiders from warrents, and A1 monsters minus 50 perc

We can make this experiment, and check how works damage with this corrections ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Azariel wrote:
Yup.... no pets in battle suc ks for Beastsmasters... i can not shoot and fight good... My pet fight for me...

ARENA FIGHTS

Molo... You not have right here... Lost (or win) nice xp in online fight is good... this is online pvp duel not ,fiki-miki, :P
I think in v3 we should make something new about players and gangs rivalisation... We should fight on arena for gang prestige(online gang fights) and players prestige (pvp online duel on arena), not raiding like in v2....

DAMAGE BUG (guns and close combat weapons )

I start thinking about combat formula.... Mayby combat formula is good, and problem is with something else ?
I think problem is - monsters armours... They just have much too much protection points and absorbe all damage... My proposition is change protection points of monsters :

Nonu-Tecs,Freelancers,Syntha Cultists minus 20 perc
Dead End monsters minus 30 perc
Dead End Flies , Monsters from mines minus 40 perc
Spiders from warrents, and A1 monsters minus 50 perc

We can make this experiment, and check how works damage with this corrections ?

I will pot the combat formula in another thread. It is rather long and a bit complex.

But in any case that isn't the problem. Some monsters are better protected against guns, and others against melee, and still others against psionics. So if one thing isn't working try switching it up a bit. :)

McCragge