Login |  Register |  FAQ

+++ Wish List +++

Post subject: Re: +++ Wish List +++
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:55 am 
Gunner
Gunner

How about bringing back the "Infite-Auction-Time" as in V2? (Or was it just longer? It's been a while :lol: Nevertheless;) We have this new, shining Black Market with excellent sorting and searching options... But no items? So if there is a way to make it so that the "3-days-Timer" would start running only AFTER someone made a bid for the item, maybe it would work better?
Or no timer at all... Just instant buyouts?

This way the BM would be filled with stuff for all levels and everyone could just pop in at any time to look for the best bargain for the thing he/she/it just happens to need at that moment, Right? :D

Ps. I agree with MadGI on the Arena matter ;P Removing the exp-lost would be a good start -->

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

MadGI wrote:
I think the arena should be an entirely separate experience in the game, where people fight for arena points only, never gaining or losing hard-earned Exp but instead ranking to be the month best gladiator.
And of course the best wins a prize in WMs at the end of the month. Say 100K WMs. If someone stays the champion for months in a row, each month passed doubles the prize. For both the champion and the one who takes his/her place !
If the champion is defeated, the prize goes back to 100k WMs and the whole thing starts again.

Lusr and I haven't actually sat down yet and started hammering out PvP and how we want to go about it just yet. However I do like your idea. Fighting for Arena Points and ranking. Both Hall of Fame, weekly, monthly and yearly top fighters. We can even have achievements, medals and ribbons players could earn.

Also, we would have to figure some way of balancing and evening out the playing field in Arena battles. Perhaps level limits between contestants and gladiator gear only in the fights. (Save all your badass equipment for raids out in the field.)

I do like all the ideas, and we will probably end up using most if not all of them :)

Quote:
How about bringing back the "Infite-Auction-Time" as in V2? (Or was it just longer? It's been a while :lol: Nevertheless;) We have this new, shining Black Market with excellent sorting and searching options... But no items? So if there is a way to make it so that the "3-days-Timer" would start running only AFTER someone made a bid for the item, maybe it would work better?
Or no timer at all... Just instant buyouts?

This way the BM would be filled with stuff for all levels and everyone could just pop in at any time to look for the best bargain for the thing he/she/it just happens to need at that moment, Right?

I am not sure I liked the way listings worked in V2. As it is now, it requires players to log back into the game and repost items onto the market, this keeping players active. But perhaps, we can compromise, instead of 3 days, what about 5 days? This way if you are bidding on something it won't take forever for it to end. Also what we could do is add in a time selector allowing players to determine how long they want the auction to last, of course the longer it lasts the more it costs to post the item on the auction.

McCragge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:16 am 
Private
Private

Actually checking items on BM will not keep players active..

negative sanctioning rarely works - I would rather argument that players after a long while have a higher icentive to return and check what they have sold if items can stay on BM for long.

So I strongly agree with Molo: remove the auction time or set it to 4 weeks or similar. It is much nicer for new players when they CAN find items on BM. But at the moment my only "customers" would be already active players, so more or less mid level so it makes no sense to put low lvl items on the market.

my two words :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:15 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

About arenas:
McCragge wrote:
Lusr and I haven't actually sat down yet and started hammering out PvP and how we want to go about it just yet. However I do like your idea. Fighting for Arena Points and ranking. Both Hall of Fame, weekly, monthly and yearly top fighters. We can even have achievements, medals and ribbons players could earn.

Also, we would have to figure some way of balancing and evening out the playing field in Arena battles. Perhaps level limits between contestants and gladiator gear only in the fights. (Save all your badass equipment for raids out in the field.)

All that sounds really good to me. A lot of potentially exciting perspectives on this path. Especially the achievements which can lead to a lot of new schemes to earn eXp, rewards, ....etc.

Ultimor wrote:
So I strongly agree with Molo: remove the auction time or set it to 4 weeks or similar. It is much nicer for new players when they CAN find items on BM. But at the moment my only "customers" would be already active players, so more or less mid level so it makes no sense to put low lvl items on the market.

I agree with Molo and Ultimor on that one. The system might appear to be working when we only have to put a few items on sale. But when we're talking about 50 or a hundred items at once it becomes a burden for sellers to upload them every few days. And the available gear keeps growing and gathering dust in the inventory.
For instance I scrap most of my stuff in the shops now, only posting high value goods that are worth the effort. Even then I sell cheap to make sure I see a return. That way I may be far below the fixed value but I'm getting money quicker. "Better sell than dwell" has become my motto :contract

I certainly don't log in just because I get an Item Not Sold notification in my mailbox. Instead, I just go there from time to time when I'm done gathering stuff ingame. I know I'll seldom miss a good deal I can afford anyway.

Since a lot of good stuff doesn't stay long enough on the BM, by the time a buyer gets the money (WMs or IMs) to make a purchase (or wait till the need arises) the item may have gone back in the seller's inventory forcing the buyer to contact the seller through PM and chat. Since it's so easy to bypass it, in a sense the BM is mostly used to advertise one's catalog. What point is there then to limit sales to a duration of only 3 or 5 days ?

If the purpose of the BM is to incite players to log in for good deals then it has to be alive with many sellers and constant new uploads. The best way to achieve this is to make the BM a free market while offering the choice of a set limit in days with a maximum of 30 days as Ultimor suggests. Setting higher fees would only be aggravating, cause if they're not sure to sell why would they burn more cash ? And there would be absolutely no incentive to sell cheap gear to low-level players. If the sellers quit, the BM fails.

The fact the BM is a place where my character has to "physically" be is another problem IMO. It's already partially virtual ingame since it's the same inventory both in Ashflats and Widowmaker.
So why not go the full yard on this and make it easier to consult/upload by putting a link in the sidebar ?
That would be an easy change to implement and a practical one.
Plus, it's not as if we actually needed to go somewhere to store our gear. There's no weight limit on the inventory and we can always put stuff in the gang warehouse. So it wouldn't seem out of place.

There are many ways to improve it and this is only a suggestion. However we all agree on the fact a change is much needed. At the very least on sale duration. As for the auctions, just look at eBay: they don't sit well with the buy-it-now option and do not tempt people to lower their prices. On the contrary they urge to bid at the last moment. That's why they've become an endangered specie.

That's my two nickels worth of advice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:58 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

I like the ideas for the Black Market. And will most likely do all those things you suggested. But in the meantime I have extended auction times to 7 days.

McCragge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:01 am 
Recruit
Recruit

i make a suggestion for an auto payment system when purchasing iron marks. instead of waiting for admins to have to distribute them, the iron marks will immediately be credited to a player's account upon completion of the transaction. what do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:47 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Omerta_Phoenix wrote:
i make a suggestion for an auto payment system when purchasing iron marks. instead of waiting for admins to have to distribute them, the iron marks will immediately be credited to a player's account upon completion of the transaction. what do you think?

That is actually how it works. But we were suffering a minor glitch, it should be all ironed out now :)

McCragge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:55 am 
Gunner
Gunner

I wouldnt go as far as to call this a "wish" but rather an random-idea :D

There has been some talking about the drop-rates/looting/crafting and at the moment we can pretty much just bid our time and wait for some mob to drop us the next "gear-upgrade", so how about:

The mobs would only drop Worn/Normal quality gear and lots of junk/ingredients. The players would then need to upgrade/modify those Worn items using the crafting-system. We could use blueprints to "learn to craft" new things OR use the try n' fail thing we have going on with the cooking --> Combine some leather with Worn Studded Gloves and you got yourself Normal Studded Gloves... Add more leather and those are Fine and so on all the way up to Imperial (and maybe flawless). Mobs would also drop Flawless items but those would be super-rare :P
Of course what Im talking about here would require some serious overhauling and might complicate things wayyy too much, but as I said; this is just and idea.
Maybe a bad idea... but nevertheless I think it would fit the post-apocalyptic scene :x|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:02 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Aaand another one for Santa's list :

Bionics that add a bonus to the attack stat should work with shooting as well as close combat.

The same could be said of the attack stat of the various guns. It's supposed to be used in CC when we run out of bullets but it could prove useful to better distinguish them from one another. Plus, it's already there !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

Just popping in to remind you how awesome it would be to have some "Timer-Based-Actions/jobs" around the wastes :D

Quoted from Gang-Wish-List:
Quote:
5. Players would be able to "work" for their gangs... something along the lines of Guard-Duty, Scavenging, Building Barricades, Farming "crops", Collecting protection money and such... And this would be something done with a timer, so that you would put you character to work for certain ammount of time, usually beetween 1 and 24 hours and during that time you would not be able to do anything but use the chat, unless you cancel you shift. Aand of course there will be no reward for cancelled shifts... This way even the less-active players could become productive members of the Deadlands :) Rewards would wary according to players level, rank and skills and some jobs would naturally require certain talents/higher levels.
Reward for the hard labour could be WN, XP, Junk and perhaps even some more usefull items/bonuses every now and then.

So something along these lines would be ace! even cleanup-duty @ Ricos would suffice! And as said in the quote; That might encourage some of the players to log-in more often :lol:

Molo out

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:35 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Have you considered experience tiers?
It may keep new players excited and interested and by the time they are hooked they have to work for stuff.

like this:

1-50 10x bonus

50-100 5x bonus

100-200 2x bonus

200+ 1X

It means a few things. Firstly new players can advance fast. Getting places fast is exciting as we play these games to spend stat points and for character advancing.
It means that new players can catch up to a good level faster.
If you are unhappy with your character build, it isnt such a ball ache to start again.

It was just something I was thinking about today

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:14 am 
Private
Private

really like squevils idea.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:00 pm 
Private
Private

still like the idea - more players are needed :guns03