Login |  Register |  FAQ

Mission Ideas?!?

Post subject: Mission Ideas?!?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:13 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Do you have an idea for a mission in Deadlands 3000?

If so post it here, you never know we might use your submission. And if we do, we will give you a never before released Legendary Pet!! Remember the more detailed the write up the more likely we are to use the mission.

So get those thinking caps on and let's see what you got :)

Some formatting to the missions might be in order. So please add these to your ideas.

Level of Mission: (for example what level does the PC have to be to start your mission)

Title of Mission: (it's gotta have a name right?)

Thank you, and the submissions are great!! Keep them coming.

McCragge

Post subject: Re: Mission Ideas?!?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:32 am 
Gunner
Gunner

How much detail should be put in the entry? :D

And here's couple of suggestions:

The Flesh Of Your Teeth (Or just "The Skin Of Your Teeth"?)
Level req: 15

+++Mission Added+++

Details deleted to remove spoilers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Finding precious materials from Doonmoor mine... With a twist... the guy that gives you the mission will refuse the payment and you need to hunt him down and naturally beat the living heck out of him (We wont hit women now will we? :lol: )

3) +++Mission Added+++

4) This one could be for scrap haven when it's re-introduced: Clearly there is some bad blood beetween Black Jokers and the Wolf Devils... So when you first arrive to Scrap haven (or some other town ;P) there are these two gangs fighting eachother for the domination of the town in guestion... They would both give you a chain of quests such as: Killling rival gangers, sabotaging other gangs property in the town, killing lietuants, collecting/stealing goods etc... etc... The twist is that you would be able to complete quests for both sides.. untill the few final quests... Then you need to choose your side :contract This chain of quests would end in the death of one of the quest givers (caused by the player, one way or another) BUT if you got creedy and completed quests for both sides, there might be different ending alltogether (To be continued --->) 8-)

Last edited by Molo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 am, edited 19 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:41 am 
Cadet
Cadet

(Quest level 15+)
Taken

+++Mission Added+++

Last edited by Ditzy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:32 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

I'd like to build further upon the vodka idea; it's quite obvious that in a post-apocalyptic landscape, there's hardly any alcohoL...most of it got destroyed/wasted/sold already and the stuff that can be found is of very low quality in general.

There's quite a bit of stuff you can do with this. Think about bootleggers/smugglers trying to get it around while trying to avoid people stealing it from them or having it stolen by corrupt remainders of governments that have remained. Think about rumors of batches that players have to find...and of course try to figure out whether it's proper alcohol or stuff that'll make you blind or even worse.

We could go further with it story-wise, of course. For example a mission where a befriended NPC tells the player to go steal a shipment of vodka. The player does this and dutifully delivers it to the NPC. The NPC drinks it and drops dead...bad quality. It turns out that enemy group X had spread a false rumour and actually wanted the NPC dead...and the player is to blame, of course. So he has to prove his innocence whilst being hunted by the group the NPC belonged to.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:00 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Level 5+
Freedom

+++Mission Added+++

Last edited by Ditzy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 am 
Cadet
Cadet

I am going to be posting a large ammount of quests in this post as part of a series of quests. I call it:

Back to your roots

Episode 1: The Discovery
(Level 5+)

+++Mission Added+++

Back to Your Roots
Episode 2: Finding Answers
Part 1: Anna
(Level 10+)

+++Mission Added+++

I believe I am the oldest man still left living inside the dome right now. At least the oldest one with my sanity. So i see it fitting to wright down my history and the history of the dome, so that everyone shall remember what happened. This is my story:

During height of nuclear age these huge domes were built all over the earth, thought to be self sustaining and safe from all nuclear threats. The dome that I currently am living in right now is called Alpha Dome 117.

I grew up in Wittensville, a city in the western part of the dome. It was a very peaceful place, it was one of the nicest places in the whole dome. I even set up a shop there, an inn where people could come and chat, spend the night, or just have a drink.
After a while my son took over my business and I Chose to go out and become a scholar, I studied everything and knew everything about the Dome and the history. Everything was peaceful and calm, just like it should be.

Then the day of reckoning came and the nukes fell from the skies like rain. Alpha Dome 117 was lucky. It never received a direct hit. But years after things outside calmed down, there was a huge explosion that shook the whole dome.

Raiders, mutants, and scavengers had blown a massive hole in the eastern wall, and they poured into the dome and tore through what was left of the peaceful and honest folk of alpha dome 117, leaving behind burnt rubble and despair. They killed and raided everyone who got in their way. And when they reached my town...

I can still remember it. I was sitting in the library, studying, when all of a sudden I could hear gunshots and screaming coming from outside. I knew that our time was almost done. So I grabbed as many books as I could, put them into my backpack and fled the city.

I came across this old bunker in the north western part of the dome. It seemed as though it had been abandoned for years, so I took my books, and everything else that I had and made it my home.

After some time, I decided to go back and look for survivors, but i found none. All that i managed to find was ashes and despair. The raiders had even burnt down the library. I spent three weeks straight going back to that place and sifting through the ashes, trying to find any books that had been spared, and by the time I finally gave up looking, I had acquired quite a large amount of books, the walls of the bunker were lined with them.

I now stay in my bunker, only going out to find food to eat, and water to drink. Occasionally I head back to the ruined place I used to call my home, and a group of people will be trying to rebuild it, but they never get too far, for the raiders almost immediately step in and burn the place to the ground. It has come to this that everyone now calls the place "Ash Flats" due to the fact that everything that gets built there is built upon a bed of ashes. I highly doubt anything will ever become of it.

In my library I hold all the knowledge of the dome, and after I pass I am going to lock it up, in hopes that no raider will ever be able to enter. The only thing that they seek is destruction. And i will not let that become of my Library. The only one who knows how to get in is my son. I just hope that he will never let anyone know the secret of how to get into here.

Last edited by Ditzy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 am, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:20 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Quote:
2) Finding precious materials from Doonmoor mine... With a twist... the guy that gives you the mission will refuse the payment and you need to hunt him down and naturally beat the living heck out of him (We wont hit women now will we? :lol: )

There would be this guy either somewhere in Alpha dome, or in one of the towns: Digget

Lead For Iron
Level req: 18

+++Mission Added+++

Lead for Iron Part2: "The Encounter"
Level req: 40+
In Junktion/Scrap haven or whatever town appears first outside the Dome ;P (Bar?--->)

[Insert Bar here]... the place where every wanderer instinctively heads when first arriving at [Insert Town here]... You push yourself in and head staright for the counter. You call for the bartender, but after those countless days out in the wastes your voice comes out only as a hoarse croak... You cough and try to find your voice again, but just as youre about to call again you think you notice a familiar shape in the corner of the bar...

Check out the corner...

... You grab the stale ale the bartender offers you and leave some wooden nickels at the counter. You start heading towards the corner where you see two men talking furiously at eachother... You gulp down your ale and at that moment see the other man standing up and pointing a custom-shotgun at his companion... You recognise the gunslinger instantly: Digget... The recognition is mutual... All colour is drained from Diggets face and, his previous target forgotten, he instantly aims his shotgun at you and fires... But you are already moving. You roll the nearest table over and take cover behind it... you hear several shells impacting to the thick metal, before vaulting over it... Firing... Digget is running for the door... You take carefull aim and just as he storms out of the bar, you shoot... You see red mist and the shot hitting Diggets shoulder, sending him spinning... But instead of falling Digget straightens himself and returns fire... The first volley is poorly aimed and hits the wall way behind you... Digget is clearly no rookie with the shotgun, though and the second volley forces you to dug for cover... You lie behind the table only for a second, but when you get up Digget is already gone... You storm out of the bar, but Digget is nowhere to be seen... You see his truck is parked further up the street and start heading towards it...

Head for the truck...

You reach the truck... But it is clearly in no shape to be driven... The engine block has been lifted off and is probably being salvaged by whoever took it. You realize this means that Digget has probably escaped by foot and, after the wound you gave him, should be rather easy to follow... You start looking for any tracks Digget may have left behind and soon enough you found a trail of blood from the other side of the truck... There is also lot of blood in the cabin. There is very little blood after walking couple of meters from the truck, though so Digget has probably found some bandages from the truck and has been able to tie up his wound. But such injury is not easily covered, and soon enough you find droplets of blood from the ground... and you see more blood further ahead... Digget Isn't going to get away that easily...

Follow the Trail of blood...
(The trail would continue outside the town... and there would be further droplets/trails of blood in the wastes... And hidden location (?) in the end of the trail.)

The trail of blood seems to lead in a barely man-sized hole in the wall... but there seems to be very little blood in the hole itself, surely someone so badly wounded would have left some marks in the edges, or around the hole in his attempt to squeeze in? Just as you are about to investigate the opening in the wall you hear footsteps behind you. You turn around, but only thing you see is the butt of a shotgun striking you unconscious...

Heh... I thought about ending it right there... But decided it would be much more fun to let Digget away once again? :lol: but surely our hero needs some reward for his/her struggles? and we need a reason why Digget didnt just kill us, right?

You start regaining consciousness...You open your eyes and see nothing but inpenetretable darkness, maybe you're dead afterall? No, you hear movement behind you and see a faint glimmer of light in the distance... you realize that Diggets blow must have dropped you in the cave... Your every instinct tell you not to turn your back on whatever is making that noice, but more rational part of your mind knows that you will stand very little change against an opponent you cant see. You make a mad dash towards the light but just as you reach what seems like the cave-mouth, you know you were little too late. You feel a huge impact lifting you off your feet, and see a creature that has to be the largest scorpion you have ever encountered... It's pincer raises for another strike and you duck out of the way at the last moment. The scorpions blow hits the wall just above the opening, causing it to crack and groan. You dash out of the cave, but the scorpion simply charges through the weakened wall behind you... There is clearly no escaping, so you turn around and start shooting.

Boss fight

The scorpion was next to blind in bright daylight, allowing you to kill it without any serious injuries... But the feeling of victory is short lived. Digget got away once again, and your lust for revenge is almost unbearable... Still, you look back at the scorpion and your mood is lifted a little... That carapace would make a good armour...

Reward could be Xp and some sort of shoulder/chest armor?

To be Continued :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:02 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mission - Arena Master
Level - 40+
Location - Widowmaker (New NPC)

+++Mission Added+++

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:17 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Title: Juicy
Level req: (30+)

You are in widowmaker and you see a weird man in the corner babbling to himself, petting a rock. As you go up to him he says "Hey! Hey you! You look like a nice guy! Know what I haven't had in years? Apple Juice. Yes, apple juice. Bring me 10x cartons of apple juice!"

Once you return with the apple juice:

"Thanks man, i don't know how to repay ya, well... i have no money, or armor... Im practicly naked right now... you know what! Hmm wait... what is that over there???"
He hurls the rock he had been petting at the back of your head and runs away.

Obtain 1x Rocky (Pet Rock)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

When a player goes fishing there would be a change to reel up a bottle with letter in it ---> Using this object would start the mission:

Something Fishy
lvl.10+

You open the strange bottle and pull out a small, crumbled piece of paper. The bottle was clearly not as water-proof as it used to be, so the paper is soaking wet and most of the text is unreadable. The paper reeks of waste and week-old fish, but your gut tells you that this paper is something more than mere trash. And soon enough: You notice that the splashes of ink on the paper are not completely random. It might be a map! You turn the paper around and start to track the ink with your finger... the shape looks familiar. Could that be a map of the Cave under Hellport? And the ink, in what seems like the South-Eastern corner of the cave, is of different color than the rest of the map! Could this realy be some sort of treasure map? Probably not, but whatever is in that spot was valuable enough for someone to draw a map...You decide to investigate. You hide the "map" deep inside your pocket and throw the bottle back in the water.

-Check out the South-Eastern part of the Caves under Hellport

You see a huge pile of rocks. The cave must have collapsed here recently. You search the site for any clues of the "hidden treasure", but there seems to be none... You are about to turn around and leave, when you feel the stone under your foot to give-in a little. You try to lift the stone, but it wont move. If it wont come up, maybe it will go down? You start kicking the stone, and soon enough it starts to give-in more and more after each kick... Suddenly the stone is loose. It falls into a deep chasm, and you realize that the whole pile is starting to collapse too! You dive for safety. You feel solid ground under your feet, and when you turn around you see the whole mound of rocks disappearing into a huge hole in the floor... You pick up a pebble and drop it into the abyss. You start counting the seconds and soon enough hear the voice of the stone hitting the bottom. Thats one deep hole, better come back with some rope and a flashlight...

-Find some Rope and Flashlight, then return to the cave.

You tie the end of the rope to a nearby pillar, and the other ebd to your waist. You take a deep breath and start descending into the chasm. As you get deeper the stench of rotting fish gets stronger and stronger. Finally you reach the bottom of the chasm, only to find out that it turns into a cave... And the smell is almost unbearable... You cover your face with your sleeve and start walking deeper into the cave.
Suddenly you notice something ahead. You point your flashlight and realize that you are lookig at a huge pile of bones. There seems to be all kinds of bones from rat to human, but what really draws your attention is the thing sitting on top of the pile. The thing is drawn straight from every fishermens nightmares! A huge hybrid of man and fish. The thing notices you and a hint of a smile appears to its Fish-like face. It starts to laugh, or at least you presume the horrible gurgling sound is supposed to be laughter... "Grblblbl... You... Swallow... Bait... Grblbl... Now you... Grbl... Catch... Grbl... " The fish-creature draws its weapons: An enormous maul and the most exquisite fishing rod you have ever seen. "Grblblbl See... Who... Grblgrbl... The real fisherman Grbllbrlb!"

Boss Fight

After defeating he creature you hastily leave the cave, already trying to forget everything youve see (Or smelled for that matter!)... When suddenly you feel something pulling your ankle. There seems to be a hook stuck into the leg of your trousers, and a line attached to it. You start pulling the line and soon enough you feel something coming up the shaft... It is the creatures fishing rod! And even after all that time in the stinking, slimy cave and after being dragged all the way up the chasm there seems to be not even a single scratch or stain on the rod. Seems like every fishermans nightmare just turned into a fishermans dream! Satisfied to your prize you start heading back towards Hellport... Its time to reel up some dinner...

Reward: Professional Composite Rod (With some special feathures in it? Unbreakable, perhaps? :P )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:40 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Mission: Puzzle in a Bottle

+++Mission Added+++

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:26 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

The Shady man.

Mission Idea.

You find a man in the sewers he is hidden... though when you find him he will start talking to you
The man: Find the package... Open... KILL... Flesh...
You: Crazy man, Leave him alone, Ask him what is wrong.
The man: Find the package... Kill the holder... Bring me it...
You need the item, Wriggling package.

Enimies that hold it: :guns05 Black Joker Ganger Black Joker Juve.

Get: (After Mission) Scribbled note, Rat.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Steel Foser Missions continuation :

Archeo-Tech Laboratory lv. 45

- Hey. Still recovering from that beating I gave you?

Foster glances at you ans spits on the ground.
Don't... You didnt only kick my ass, but my pride as well, dont beat the beaten and all that...

Fosters looks in the distance for a moment, sights and says:
I was supposed to teach you a lesson like I did to many punks before you, But it seems that you taught me a lesson instead. I realized that Im starting to get old and that my career in the arena is coming to an end. Honestly? I am gratefull for the lesson I have always dreamed about something completely different...

I've always had a soft-spot for engineering, but never truly had the time for it. I used to do some experimenting on my sword, but it seems that someone took it while I laid here unconscious. That matters not! I've been working on something way better than my ol' sword. Tell you waht: If you bring me some materials to get me started on my new project I'll give you my old Junkgun!

-Interesting. Tell me more.

Have you heard the stories about Archeo-Technology? I heard that in the Dead End used to be an Archeo-Facility of some kind. If you find the entrance to it and bring me all the Archeo-Tech still intact, the Junkgun will be yours!

-If the entrance has been hidden for all these years... how am I to find it!?

Hmmm... Well I heard that the Ol' Bastard Headsqueezer gave you his scanner, right? The scanner should point out all kinds of energy-signatures and such, so that would be my best guess of how to find the facility. And in case you have lost your scanner... Im sure Headsqueezer has a spare one somewhere. So... Is it a deal?

-It's a deal... Just dont try to screw me this time...

The player has to find a hole somwhere in Dead-End... Scanner and This quest required to enter the Archeo-Facility.

-Use your scanner

You walk into a vast hall filled with all sorts of destroyed equipment. Your scanner starts to beep when you approach the largest of the piles of junk near the center of the room. After a while the Scanner spots some sort of rapidly increasing energy-signature. A tiny red light appears near the bottom of the pile... Then another... and another. Suddenly something bursts out of the pile, landing behind you. You turn around and see a hideous construct of metal and flesh glaring at you! And it seems hungry.

Boss Fight - Mutated Cyber €‹Experiment

Revard: Archeo-Tech - Memory Disk

Return to Foster

-I did what you asked... Its not much, but I completed my side of the bargain. My reward please...

Easy there. This time I keep my word. Hah, never seen one of these before! Well I guess its something of value.... Here's you gun. Now leave me alone! I need some time with my new toy!

Revard: Junkgun (Weapon for levels 45+)

Head Hunter 55

-Hey, What are you doing?

Fosters is digging through a pile of parts, without looking up he says_
- Im trying to assemble myself a Droid here... The Disk you bought me was a real Data-Gold Mine! I just need to find myself enough raw-materials and some other bits and gadgets to get started. And since you are here... Here's a small list of stuff I need for the project. Yeah, yeah, yeah I'll pay you... Now away with you!

Bring Foster: 50 Scrap metal, 50 scrap electronics, 5 engine parts

Thanks for the parts! Now I can get to work... This may take a while, so in the meantime you could keep yoursef in shape by kicking some gladiator butt in the arena! Bring me the heads of those Bruisers and Duelists and I'll pay you some extra!

Bring Foster: 30 Duelist and 30 Bruiser Heads.

Fosters is running towards you shouting: Watch out! The Disk was corrupted!

-Corrupted? What are you...

Some sort of robot appears behind Foster and starts charging after him...

-Great... A Boss Fight...
(Damaged Scrap Droid lvl. 70)

The robot is a smoking pile of scrap again... Foster leans against a nearby wall panting.
"I think I'll get back to building weapons. Archeo-MAchines are just too complicated for me. Oh, but I got something for you! Built according to some of the Data from the Disk! Dont worry It should not explode."

Revard: Fosters Cyber-Ring (50lv 25 prot / 25 Attack)

Grinding (75)
Location Steel Foster

- Building some doomsday-machine again?

Ha! Yes and No. I got a new project but this time I'm just trying to improve some of these guns of mine. Speaking of which: DO you happen to have a Superior Autocannon? Since I'm missing one of those from my collection and I would LOVE to try some of my new toys on it! If it turns out nice I might even let you keep it! Just bring me one of those and some Gun Parts and we should be ready to go!

Bring Autocannon superior and 25 broken gun parts to Foster

-Here's the gun and the parts, be carefull with those...

Great! These will do, these will do indeed...
It may take a while to get all these parts sorted out... Excellent time for you to go and train your decapitation skills on those gladiators!
Those Warlords and Juggernauts think themselves to be some sorts of badasses! TEACH EM WRONG! Go kick some arse and split some skulls and dont forget to bring those heads back with you!

Bring 50 Juggernaut and 50 Warlord heads to Foster

-You see Foster struggling with a hooded man. The man pulls out some sort of ornate pistol and points it at Foster. You charge the man and tackle him to the ground. He recovers quicly and starts shooting at you...

Boss fight - Hooded Mercenary (LV95-shooting)

You help Foster up...
-Are you allright?

Yeah... This bastard used paralyzer! Otherwise I would have ripped his balls out! Foster spits blood...

- You have any idea who that was?

No idea but That guy wasnt from the Dome thats for sure... But nevermind that, He's gone and I got your gun finnished! Just take it and go... I got some business to attend to...

Reward: Flawless Autocannon

To be continued (perhaps?) ... :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:07 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I was thinking about a mission in Barrens for players about level 50 (or 35-50 range). And since we have multiple gathering-type missions already, why not make it a slaughterfest for a change? :guns02
I'm not much of a writer, but I really wanna earn a Griffon, so here goes :

Mission: Stingy Emperor
Mission level: 50+

+++Mission Added+++

Anyways, I hope this gets implemented sooner or later. All feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:06 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Mission: Taking Part
Level: 60 (ish)
(There could be some object in the shop that triggers the mission? Perhaps one of the "preservation tanks"?)

You notice movement in one of Cantralls preservation tanks. You try to get a closer look, when Cantrall rushes to you and shouts: "Ay! Cant you read!" You take a step back and notice a sign that says -Hands off, Hazardous Chemicals-.

-What's that in the tank?

"Oh that... It's just one of my experi... Ahem... Patients. The guy was beaten up pretty bad, had to cut his arm off and all. This tank should keep him nice and alive untill I find the right parts to fix him up. Speaking of which: You may know that I'm a busy man... Perhaps you could help me to find all the required parts and equipment? I could give you some of the guys gear as a payment for your troubles, since there is... say possibility.. for lethal complications in operations like these. So the chances are he wont be needing those afterwards."

-Sounds like a deal!

"Excellent! Here's the list of stuff I need." You read the list and it says:

* 1 Gyro-Gear Modulator
* 50 Nanobite Enchaned Surg-Kits
* 2 Plasma-Cell Batteries
* 1 Can-opener
* 10 Respirator Filters
* 2 Respirator Mask
* 10 Vials of Bramble-Bush Poison
* 20 Assortments of Body-Parts
* 1 Spare Tire
* 1 Beer Bottle

-You look at the list, stunned... That's a lot of stuff. Where do I even find most of these?

"Easy, many of those Nitro-Scavengers wear Respirators in case of dust-storms, Dead Merchants make their living off those Body-Parts and where to get the poison is obvious, right? From Bramble Bushes!"

-How about this... Gyro-Gear Modulator?

"Oh yeah, Thats a tricky one... There is one Ex-Dead Merchant hiding somewhere in Junktion. The people call him "Shady" because he is a shady character even by our standards. No one knows exactly where he is hiding, and it is said that he is always on the move, never staying in one location for long. So he is pretty hard to find, but he is the guy to go to when you need something no-one else can sell ya. Just go knocking on the doors here in Junktion and ask for Shady. I do a lot of business with him and our code-phrase is: 'What's on todays menu?'. Tell him that and he should let you in."

-Right, then there's all this other stuff... Getting these seems easy enough but it will cost me a small fortune! How about some money in advance for all the expenses?

"Sorry, cant help you there... My last experiment was kind of a failure, so Im pretty low on Nickels right now. Buy the stuff if you have to or kill someone for those, but I cant help you with the money, sorry..."

-Great...Just great.

-- Get all the stuff in Cantralls list.
(Everything else here is pretty straightforward... kill mobs untill you got all the stuff, the "quest items" can be looted around the Barrens and Surg-kits could be bought or grinded from CA/Arena... The Gyro-Gear Modulator is a bit more tricky to get... Kind of a mission inside a mission)

Getting the Modulator: There would be couple of doors around Junktion with dialog:

1* You knock on the door... The door opens a little and someone peeks out and asks "Who's that?"

-What's on todays Menu?

"What the... Are you crazy or something? Just leave me alone" The Door slams shut.

2* You knock on the door... You hear someone on the other side of the door yelling:
"Whatta want!"

-What's on todays Menu?

"I'm going to serve you a bullet in the face, if you aint gone in 3 seconds!"
You walk away

3* You knock on the door... There is no answer. You are about to walk away when you feel someone putting the barrel of a gun against your neck... "Why are you here?! Who sent you?!"

-Cantrall sent me to ask 'What's on todays menu?'!

The man puts the gun away. "Cantrall's allright, come in... lets do business" The man leads you through the door. The room doesnt look like much... The walls are plain sheet- metal with no windows and there isn't even any furniture. The man introduces himself: "Name's Shady, If Cantrall really sent you I can only presume that he wants to buy the Modulator I found couple of days back?"

-Thats right, so what do you want for it?

Shady rubs his chin... "These things aint cheap, and Cantrall knows that. But you're in luck, since I only happen to need a favour this time: I need you to deliver something to a customer in Hellport. I dont know what she is up to these days but I used to sell guns to her, back in the day." Shady gives you the Package. "This should have been delivered like yesterday, so you better hurry."

--Deliver the Package to the Customer in Hellport (I dont know if this should be built as a objective or a different mission alltogether... Whatever works :P )
(I thought the customer could be the "owner" of the guns store?)
((I noticed that the owner is called Harry, yet the guys avatar is clearly a woman? Duh)) :D

-Here's the Package from Shady.

"I knew that bastard didnt have the balls to deliver it himself! He just better hope its not broken or I will... Oh you're still here, could you do me a favour and give this to Shady when you see him?" The woman gives you a small box. "Tell him that it is a small gift for old times sake."

--Return to Shady
(I dont know if its possible, but Shady would no longer be in the same location as before... During the delivery he moved to a different hideout, still in Junktion though... Lets put all those doors to good use...)

*The starting location would give you the message: Shady is no longer here. Looks like I need to get back to knocking on doors...

*When you find the right door: You knock on the door. The peek-hole slams open and then closes. The door opens and you see Shady standin in the doorway, holstering his pistol. "Sorry bout that... A man can never be too carefull, you know. So did you deliver the package?"

-I did, Oh and the woman asked me to give you this. You hand Shady the small box.

"She did, eh?" Suddenly Shady crabs the box and throws it in the room, ducks out and slams the door shut. You hear a muffled explosion from the other side of the door... Shady picks himself up and grins. "Heh... I think I kinda deserved that."

-What the hell was that! She sent you a bomb?! We could have get killed!

"Naah, that was nothing... If she really wanted me dead that bomb would have been built to vaporize the whole block, instead of just one room. As I said we used to have quite some history together. But nevermind that, I got another package for you to deliver."

-Now hold on a second! Im not your personal delivery boy, we agreed that you give me the modulator after I delivered your package!

"We did? Cant quite remember that... Tell you what just deliver this last package and I'll give you the modulator... for real this time."

-Fine... No wonder she wanted to blow you up.

"Thats my boy! Here's the package. This should be delivered to another friend of mine. He used to live in Ash Flats. Used to be a Guard or something... Got promoted a while back if my memory serves me right."

--Deliver the Package
(To the Gate-Guard in Ash-Flats)

-Shady sent you this package

"You're Shadys associate, eh! Hold it Right there! Im putting you under arrested for conspiring with one of the most wanted criminals around these parts!

-What the Hell!

"Awww, Im just kidding with you! I know Shady, real bastard he is, but way more usefull to me alive than dead. Just give me the package and tell Shady I said hi!"

-Shady seems to have quite a selection of 'friends'...

--Return to Shady

*Shady moved again! Starting location would give you the message: Right... this place was bombed to smitherees... If only that guy would tell me where he is going to hide next!

*When you find the right door: You knock on the door... This time the door opens immidiately and Shady pulls you in.

-What? Am I not considered a threat anymore? You hurt my feelings...

"Nah, I got cameras set up around this place. Saw you coming a mile away. So did you deliver the package?"

-I did... Your friend says hi...

"I bet he does...I bet he does. Never really trusted him that much, being a guard and all. But he brings in some real cash, so cant really complain... Back to business though: I got you one last package to deliver!

-No way man! Either you give me the Modulator now or I will take it from you!

"Relax, this package is FOR Cantrall, and here's the Modulator as well."

-Oh...Thanks... I guess

--Deliver the Package AND Modulator to Cantrall

-Here's all the stuff you needed.

You give the bag full of bits and pieces to Cantrall...
"Excellent, Excellent..." Cantrall inspects the contents of the bag. "It looks like that's all of it, well done, well done indeed!"

-Oh by the way... Shady asked me to give you this package as well.

"A package? For me? Ah! Now I remember... give it here please"
You give Cantrall the package. Canrall stuffs the package inside his coat and continues spreading the contents of your back to the table.

-Arent you going to open it?

"Open what? Oh... the package? No No I know what's in that package. It is... Rather personal, if you know what I mean.

-Right, I guess I dont even want to know whats in it... Perhaps it is time to talk about my reward?

"Oh yes, I promised you my exp...patients possessions, did I not? Follow me."
You follow Cantrall to a nearby cabinet...
"He didnt have much on him when he stumbled in... But there should be some pieces of equipment you might find suitable as a payment for your troubles. Now if you'll excuse me... I got a patient to attent to."

You search through the cabinet... But there seems to be very little stuff in it... some bloody rags, dirty clothes... Suddenly you see something familiar... A shotgun! Where have you seen that gun before... DIGGET! Suddenly it all comes back to you! You shooting Digget in the shoulder... Cantrall telling you how he had to cut off his patients damaged arm... All the trouble you've been through finding all the supplies...And for What! So that Cantrall could try to heal Digget! You have to stop it! You try to find Cantrall but he has already locked himself in his "Operations-Room" with what's left of Digget and the door seems to be atleast a meter thick and all-around unpenetratable.
Just your luck! Guess You'll have to wait untill Cantrall finishes the operation... Would it be too much to ask that DIgget dies on the operation-table... Well atleast you got his gun...

Reward: Custom Shotgun

Continues at round level 90 ---> :D