Login |  Register |  FAQ

Gang Wish List

Post subject: Gang Wish List
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:47 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

As most of you know gangs haven't been put into the game yet. But gangs are a central part of Deadlands 3000 no matter what the version.

However, we are currently working on the gangs and we would love to hear your input. What would you like to see in the gangs, or what in previous versions would you like to see not added?

McCragge

Post subject: Re: Gang Wish List
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well... in v2 gangs work good... incluning one thing... they are too big, and one gang be the best ( all new players join or try to join to the best gang )
This is reason - why we not have too much gangs (only 1 mayby max 2-3 active gangs ) in last versions...

I think is only one way to fix this problem.
Make small gangs. 5 players on the start should be good, and when gang leveling add option to BUY places for new ones - every place for new member should costed more and more.
In this way - we can have more gangs , and mayby good rivalitation between gangs.

And next - rivalisation. I think gang wars should be rarly , mayby better option is add some tournaments ( every 2 months?) somethink like - fishing tournament / hunting tournament / crafting tournament / gang battle (online gangs battles in caged arena or some special new place) / scavenging tournament (gang must collect junk items or something like that) / Desert Racing tournamen and much more tournament options...
Thats should give nice rivalisations - and ...nobody is good in everything - all gangs have chance to win in tournaments if they can be very different :P
For win in tournament gangs should get gold/silwer and brown cup :P

And... My personal wish... bigger gang banner... in v2 banners are too small ( is hard make something very good in 368/275 pix resolution )

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:04 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

gang property would be amazing. gangs can use it for all kinds of things from a club house to a shop! add areas on all the maps where players can purchase plots so they can have their own safehouse that isnt so virtual.

you can have a selection of buildings to choose from ranging from small to big, with special bases for events or for IM.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Thats amazing idea Squev :) I love this idea :)
I think gangs should have ,politic, too (alliances/enemies ect) visable on the card of gang. We try to play in Alliance with Nomads in v2 - and thats can work ;)

One question to other players : I think We (Weterans from last versions) should be liders of new gangs and recruit only new ones.
I talk with Molo about that and we can make one powerfull gang together, but more fun is when in game is more gangs. What You think guys ? :P

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:49 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I wrote this to Azar ingame, but i'll repeat it here for the others.

I rather agree with this, if us top guys n gals all bunch up in 1 gang then it kinda kills off the fun of it from day 1. By the same token though we want the number of gangs to not be so high that they are all 1 or 2 people :)

Between us we can probably work it out. I figure 3-4 gangs to start with and we can expand from there. Im not sure gang sizes are anything they need to work into the code for us, we might just want it gone later on. I reckon we can just get it sorted between us higher lvl'd guys since there bound to be some kinda founding requirements/costs that precludes it to us for now anyway.

Also property yes. I want a safehouse, armory, gang storage, workshop. anything and everything in that vein that you can think of. How about a hydroponic setup? grow us some vegetables to suplement all this fish im living off. A bunch of the thing classed as 'territory' in the tabletop game could be translated into a gang safehouse concept. You could really go to town on the crafting side of things and it gives a lot of valid use for the piles of junk items. (I cant help but see us delving into our packs and emerging triumphantly with 146 rusty scrap metal sheets, 93 small wires, 43 vid displays etc. You could easily build a small town on the contents of my backpack...) We already have tires, engine parts and scrap so some ghetto gorkamorka-esque buggy would be viable along with a garage at the safehouse, though i cant for the life of me think of a use, unless you add a 'distant' map that we gotta drive to.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:42 am 
Gunner
Gunner

I'm a bit late here... But:
I approve all previous comments :D

And to add some ideas: (some of these have been discussed about in the general chat but I add those here just in case)

1. More controll over the gang/Improved gang management:
More gang management options *duh* for example:
-Gang leader would be able to allow/deny access to different gang options based on the gangers rank, invidually for each rank so not just regular member/assistant/master?

-Ability to set Gang-tax-rate based on the gangers rank and perhaps even choose if the players taxes are directed to the gang-vault or distributed beetween certain other members? for example: Regular members would have a tax rate of 5%, but there would be also Elite rank whose tax rate would be 20% and this 20% would be distributed to all the Rookie rank players... if that makes any sense :lol:

-perhaps even the option to award medals to the valuable members of the gang? :P

2. Perhaps some added "personalization" options for the gang/safe house? like Dirty/Decent/Clean, Elaborate/Cozy/Spartan, Tech/Moderate/Primitive, Wild/Civil/Disciplined, Etc...etc and all different options would have different cost and bonuses. Perhaps you want to be a bunch of savages who just want to see the deadlands burn (again) or a group of enforcers trying to tame it...

3. Gang Vs. NPC battles, this could be initiated from the Gang Safehouse and the first X ammount of gangers would be able to participate. After a certain time the battle would start (or when there are enough players takin part) and this would be a "strategic" combat against some of the badassest monsters. :blackeye Badass monster=Change for Badass loot. (Credits for Squev and Az :wink: )

4. Daily-Gang-Nutrition-Pack: If there is enough food in the gang stash each player would receive a free Gang-Nutrition-Pack, 100 Fullness and Nom. Perhaps even Daily gang-bullets if there are some in the stash.

5. Players would be able to "work" for their gangs... something along the lines of Guard-Duty, Scavenging, Building Barricades, Farming "crops", Collecting protection money and such... And this would be something done with a timer, so that you would put you character to work for certain ammount of time, usually beetween 1 and 24 hours and during that time you would not be able to do anything but use the chat, unless you cancel you shift. Aand of course there will be no reward for cancelled shifts... This way even the less-active players could become productive members of the Deadlands :) Rewards would wary according to players level, rank and skills and some jobs would naturally require certain talents/higher levels.
Reward for the hard labour could be WN, XP, Junk and perhaps even some more usefull items/bonuses every now and then.

:borg