Login |  Register |  FAQ

PvP/Raiding let's here your ideas

Post subject: PvP/Raiding let's here your ideas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:45 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Hello everyone.

So we are now going to focus on PvP and Raiding and we want to hear your ideas and input on how best to do this so it is fun and competitive but at the same time it is relatively griefless on players.

Here are a few options we came up with (and by no means is this list exhaustive. it is important to us to hear what you the players have in mind as well)

1, All out PvP everywhere you can fight monsters you can fight players (with level limits of course, so high levels can't troll/grief low levels

2, Players can flag themselves for PvP in their preferences and then it is on like option 1 but you can only attack others that are also flagged

3, PvP zones. certain maps and locations will be flagged for PvP (like the 4 arenas in Widowmaker) you will get a pop up warning that you are entering a PvP zone. These zones will have monsters in them, but they won't have missions or other things related to them. This way players who don't want to participate in PvP can avoid them without fear of missing anything in the game.

So let's here your thoughts and ideas on the subject.

McCragge

Post subject: Re: PvP/Raiding let's here your ideas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:29 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

Personally I'd go with option 3; Pvp-Zones
#I presume we will have gang-locations at some point in the future :D , so it sounds only natural that most (If not all)
areas with gang-locations in them should be pvp-areas.
And I think there will be no harm in having some unique missions or drops or whatsoever in the Pvp-Zones, Since all those areas most likely wont be swarming with bloodthirsty players at all times :wink: So all players should be able to access those at some point... No pain No gain (And players should be engouraged to enter Pvp-zones)

#Free for all pvp could also work, as seen in V2, but might become a problem when we start having more players...
and having to run your ass back to safe locations every time you want to log out could get a bit frustrating

#I wonder if the "Flag for Pvp" option would work on its own... Its kinda like the "ol' emergency teleport to ricos"... If you thought that you saw a glimpse of a stronger player, just open your preferences and unflag yourself, or some might use it to go hunting unflagged and, if they found some unsuspecting (Flagged) player weaker than them, Flags themselves-Beats the bugger to dirt-and unflags, or?

It might work in combination with the Pvp-Zone (and why not Free for All) If ,for example, two players want to settle their argument in private outside the Pvp-zones (Or inside the Safe Zones) kinda like duels, or why not use some sort of "Duel-Options" alltogether?
:guns05 :onguard

So I guess that overall my suggestion is something like: 4. Versatile, Attractive Pvp-Zones (And perhaps the possibility to duel) :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:52 am 
Recruit
Recruit

i like option 3 as well, but as a side note,

can we have a bank that we dont lose money in unlike the real banks ?
i dont want to lose money in PVP and i dont want to put it in the bank.

?? :blackeye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:58 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

oh I thought I posted here already. Option 3 but it should have perks for living dangerously!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:37 am 
Cadet
Cadet

I'm all for option 1 with the following suggestions.

1/ No fuss in my courtyard. All cities should be absolute safe zones. While all no-man's lands and dungeons should be PvP zones.

2/ Go bleed on the right floor punk ! In Widowmaker, only the "gladiator" arena should be PvP. The other arenas should only be used as training grounds for new players to level up.

3/ Show your colors ! Gangs should become factions. No PvP allowed within a faction unless it happens in a specific place (ie. Gladiator arena in Widowmaker). Could be neat to implement sparring rooms for gangs as "private arenas". As such, another Gladiator arena in Junktion would be much appreciated.

4/ Strength in numbers ! Gang members should be able to assist each other during PvP fights. While non-aligned players should be forbidden to intervene at all in an ongoing PvP. Thus, all PvP would be either one-on-one, one-Vs-Gang, or Gang fights. it would create a strong incentive for players to join gangs ! :contract

5/ We're all trying to survive here. The multiplayer/single player button in combat mode should remain a completely separate device to allow players to keep fighting mobs in a relative peace of mind should they wish it so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:02 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

All these ideas are awesome. I really like the ideas of how gangs can play into single player PVP action.

While we haven't started hammering out just how we want to do PvP yet, but when we do we will post our idea of how exactly we want to do it, (Most likely using a ton of your suggestions) then we will let the players look it over and add their input. We will refine it then once everyone is happy for the most part we will add it to the game and see how it plays out.

McCragge