Login |  Register |  FAQ

The PROS and the CONS

Post subject: The PROS and the CONS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:07 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

So I am curious, what are the pros and cons to Deadlands.

What keeps you coming back, and what keeps you from staying and playing the game?

Basically looking for both the positive and negative feedback of the game so that we can improve the game and take it to new heights of awesome.

So lets hear your Pros and Cons

McCragge

Post subject: Re: The PROS and the CONS
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:56 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

When I started it was all about my gang. Being a ganger in it then owning it. It was the people I met and the friendships we had. They left in the end as most were out of work at the time. After that the competitive side kept me active and it was the only life leaching game I was into at that time. V1/2 had me until it was taken over by the latest edition.

The new edition is a better game. If I wasnt so burned out Id be pushing those gang scum round still. But there we a few factors that made me loose interest this time.

The bugs... They were too frequent, yeah this is an ongoing thing, but it gets a bit frustrating at times.

No community, there were only a couple of people I knew in the game and all my deadlands mates had gone, I bought quite a few players with me but we all play minecraft full time.

Grinding. Its not too bad in the early levels, but after a while it starts taking too long to level and the rewards are not good. Id like to progress faster for my own entertainment, this is another pint of mine and thats the pace of the game. It feels like im being held back and everything is moving too slow. Its funny because Id of thought the new movement would of made this better but I feel the new pace is slower.

Loot rewards. Im not sure what to say about this but its not quite so compelling. Grinding would be more enjoyable if there was loot that was uber rare that we can chase. It gives people a goal. Right now the only real goal is to be number 1.

These are not the actual reasons I dont play mind. these are just the things that I felt were missing. You know what im up to anyway so no need to explain ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:05 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

**Bump**

Would love to hear more peoples opinions on this.

McCragge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:38 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Now that I've climbed some levels I feel more at ease to speak my mind. I started with V3, back in November and since then I've seen the game evolve quite a bit. I had something to do with it which I find rewarding in more than one way :wink:

There's far less bugs than when I started, if any at all. Everything works smoothly on the fox. It's amazing how things improve almost daily. So yeah, the games gets greater. The people are great. Of course when PvP is implemented, it might change :angry but we're not there yet.

I can see a lot of old timers log from time to time, probably biding their time. In the meantime, there's few of us but we're motivated and new faces constantly show up. I've got great confidence this game is going in the right direction. I sure hope we won't have to start from scratch with a V4 in a year or so, cos' I know I wouldn't do it. it's the one thing I expect from a game: that it's there to stay longer than I. Changes are all good and well, but too much change too quickly brings only breakage and departure.

Now I'm waiting for the new quests and PvP of course. I hope the people I met there are here for a while too. And the way things are going, with new stuff coming in almost weekly, there's bound to be an incentive for old-timers to come back more often.

If they do they can expect a warm welcome :twisted:

:fullauto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:48 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

MadGI wrote:
I sure hope we won't have to start from scratch with a V4 in a year or so, cos' I know I wouldn't do it. it's the one thing I expect from a game: that it's there to stay longer than I.

We have no intentions of doing a Vault wipe, or resetting characters or any of that. This game engine is the ideal engine we had been looking for since the beginning. We are super happy with it and plan to stay with it indefinitely.

Now mind you we will always be adding new content and features to the game. But Characters and the time you have put into them will not be lost!

We love our players, they are some of the best on the net, and thanks to them this game has grown with their help. We plan to keep doing that.

:)

McCragge