Login |  Register |  FAQ

Threadomancy

Post subject: Threadomancy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:25 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Threadomancy...what are your thoughts?

Me personally, I never understood why forums would keep old threads and then get upset when you replied or added to them later...sometimes months or years later. Why have them if you can't reply?

So, my thoughts on it, if you want to reply to old threads, by all means feel free to do so hear on the Eastern Fringe.

What do you think? Should it be outlawed or allowed?

McCragge

Post subject: Re: Threadomancy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:58 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Not an issue. I think forums give people time to think and reply when it suits them. Not like chat. I know some people joke about it when I revive old threads in other forums. In Taleworlds they keep criticizing me when I start a new topic vaguely related to older topics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:25 am 
The Threadomancer

Threadomancy is fine. The trouble with some forums is there are too many people policing them, either you're resurrecting an old thread or creating a new one when there is an obscure reference to the subject at hand in an old one. Damned if you do and damned if you don't as far as i can see. I like forums that don't have thread-Nazis all over you every time you post something in the wrong place, or old, or new, or something incongruous etc....

My Blog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:43 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

chickenbane wrote:
Threadomancy is fine. The trouble with some forums is there are too many people policing them, either you're resurrecting an old thread or creating a new one when there is an obscure reference to the subject at hand in an old one. Damned if you do and damned if you don't as far as i can see. I like forums that don't have thread-Nazis all over you every time you post something in the wrong place, or old, or new, or something incongruous etc....

Hopefully we don't have to many of those here at the EFF. And if stuff gets posted in the wrong spot I don't mind moving it to the proper location from time to time :)

McCragge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:06 am 
The Threadomancer

Yes I really like this forum, due mainly to the chilled out people on here, hardly any trolls or flame wars. :)

My Blog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:30 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

I walked into a shop in HK, not exactly games workshop but a local equivalent. Been out of touch. Kid told me that its now 7th edition.

We want to attract those new generation gamers right? I don't have my contacts, don't even play. I just have fond memories of rogue trader and found this site. I think I used to hang around other abandonware forums like bhlegend and underdogs....