Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do the rules suck?
Yes 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
No 79%  79%  [ 15 ]
I would rather disembowel myself than have rules on the EFF. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

Get rid of the rules...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:17 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Yes the dancing bimbo has some appeal to it. However let me state this: "This is a wargaming forum" Therefore your avatar is inappropriate and will need to be changed or removed on January 1st.

My boss, your boss whoever's boss doesn't matter. This forum belongs to Truckler and I and as such we feel that Avatars like that, while not personally offensive to either of us, have no place on the EFF.

So enjoy it until the 1st of January, after which we hope you understand and remove the avatar yourself.

Thank you

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:46 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

TTuren wrote:
Every time she moves I see conflict and a war between two equally balanced forces and gravity as well.

Yes but we certainly can't call them miniatures now can we...although I admit the paintjob is spectacular!

Quote:
(Come on call her the reincarnation of Hellen as in Hellen of Troy. :wink: )

While she is cute (youknow the kinda cute that will allow you to pick her up but not stop you from bashing her in the head and leaving her in a drainage ditch to bleed out) she doesn't have the face that could launch a thousand ships.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:00 pm 
Mature, well groomed miniature enthusiast

:eek: ...if you say so, craggy... :eek:

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:
It is not no wonder that USA children are so, forgive me here, fcuked up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:52 pm 
Iconoclast

well. this drainage and head bashing (&#$@!) is very convincing. a very reasonable explanation.
is the cat shooting assault rifle more appropriate for your wargaming forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:48 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

McCragge wrote:
This forum belongs to Truckler and I

Well, I certainly can't argue with that statement. But perhaps you'd better clarify exactly what you feel is appropriate. For instance, mujadaddy and mortishroom both have avatars that have no discernable connection to wargaming. Must they change also? Perhaps everyone should submit thier avatar to you by email, and if acceptable you could add it to the boards list. Then you could ban all non-board avatars.

Not that it particularily matters to me, since I have no avatar, nor any plans to have one. They're pointless, if you ask me, just like rank, post count, join date, gender, etc. All you really need is a name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:35 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

bots wrote:
well. this drainage and head bashing (&#$@!) is very convincing. a very reasonable explanation.
is the cat shooting assault rifle more appropriate for your wargaming forum?

LOL that is an awesome Avatar and more then acceptable. The only complaint I have is the size. However I am going to try and fix that for you and everyone else to keep the avatars to the proper size of 85x85 pixels.

AnimusAtrum wrote:
But perhaps you'd better clarify exactly what you feel is appropriate.

Article C-103: Posting Adult Content
Posting content (text, images, links, etc) of sexually explicit or adult
nature. This also includes material included in signatures, profiles, and

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I did read that. I guess we just have different ideas of what is sexually explicit/adult material. Perhaps you should clairify by making it "PG". Since that's about the rating it would take to get bots former avatar taken out of a movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:43 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Yeah but you got to admit his new avatar is pretty damned cool!

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:47 pm 
Mature, well groomed miniature enthusiast

AnimusAtrum wrote:
For instance, mujadaddy and mortishroom both have avatars that have no discernable connection to wargaming.
:eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek:

You're outta my room... seriously... Bye.... OMG...

Forgive them Gary, for they know not what they do....

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:
It is not no wonder that USA children are so, forgive me here, fcuked up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:20 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

I think the linkage between Futurama and Chainmail is pretty tenuous. However, the rules do not say anyting about "on topic" restrictions for avatars. I've never had one on the EFF myself, but I was thinking of one that has nothing whatsoever to do with wargaming. It would be 85x85 and G-rated however!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:43 am 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

TTuren wrote:
The Futurama guy is surounded by Dungeons and Dragons material and I believe is holding a dungeon guide so he ought to pretty safe on a game board.
That's supposed to be Gary Gygax (one of the writers of the wargame Chainmail) holding a Monster Manual. Even so, Futurama had nothing to do with wargaming.

My point is simply that avatars are not bound by any kind of "on topic" limitations as long as they are not offensive. Avatars say something about us which may or may not be game related. Though I can see that whatever we say better be simple or low-res because 85x85 is tiny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:50 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Venator wrote:
My point is simply that avatars are not bound by any kind of "on topic" limitations as long as they are not offensive. Avatars say something about us which may or may not be game related. Though I can see that whatever we say better be simple or low-res because 85x85 is tiny!

That is correct. The problem with Bots old avatar and even Grimjaws Dixie cups avatar was that it was to suggestive. I personally wasn't offended (hell I very rarely get offended) but those pics could be seen as potentially adult in theme. And since this is a site where our target audience starts at 12 I would hate to have a member be black listed from our site because there mom came in and saw Bots bouncing avatar.

As far as size of the avatars go, I might be able to bump them up to 100x100. Anything to much bigger throws the tables out of whack and makes the forums look crappy.

Speaking of avatars, the one you are using Venator is awesome!

Oh and one lat note...(funny how america works) nothing suggestively sexual in an avatar, but gore is ok, or at least it for now.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:14 am 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

McCragge wrote:
As far as size of the avatars go, I might be able to bump them up to 100x100. Anything to much bigger throws the tables out of whack and makes the forums look crappy.

It's kind of hard to see, but that is a Malta Group Hercules Class Titan from City of Heroes. It's the small one on the left in this picture: http://www.pleonasm.net/coh/maltaB.jpg

Given that our 85x85 avatars do not fill up the whole width of our personal info panel, I suspect that it could go 100x100 without harming the format of the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:18 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Venator wrote:
McCragge wrote:

It's kind of hard to see, but that is a Malta Group Hercules Class Titan from City of Heroes. It's the small one on the left in this picture: http://www.pleonasm.net/coh/maltaB.jpg

Given that our 85x85 avatars do not fill up the whole width of our personal info panel, I suspect that it could go 100x100 without harming the format of the forum.

That is a cool as pic. And I did bump it up to 100x100. I may bump it up a little bit more so that it fills up the area but doesn't throw the tables out of whack.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:49 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

How does that look...I bumped it up to 140x140

McCragge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next