Login |  Register |  FAQ

Photo problems

Post subject: Photo problems
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:50 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

I don't know if this is the forum, my photobucket account, or just my computer being a twat, but everytime i tried posting a resized photo, it kept displaying the original (very large) one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:26 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Hmm try resizing the pic on your computer and then uploading that to Photobucket and finally hot linking it here. That should work

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:24 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

tried that. Still came out big. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:01 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

yeah i have a simmilar problem, only very occationally tho, with avatars.
usually they work fine, but sometimes they come up real size, not all uniformly small. it doesnt happen often and im not sure why it does sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:06 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

i've noticed that happening, with yours DM, Dr Remulak's and Tawl Boy's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:35 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

yeah, both of those. mine is also a bit bigger than normal size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:38 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

DM's doesn't give me any problems but Tawl boy & Dr Remulaks are enormous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:28 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Yeah but their avatars should snap back to normal size after the page loads. It is a new javascript I put in to resize peoples avatars that want to use huge ones and throw my tables all out of whack.

However, if you are resizing the images on you computer and then uploading them to photobucket and then they are coming out big again, then you aren't resizing them properly.

If you are in an image program looking at your pic and you see the size scale where you can move you can move your image from big to small with either a magnifying glass with a + or - in it, or a drop down menu that has numbers from .25% all the way to 200% or more...those don't permenantly resize the image. Those are there to make viewing the image in the program easier.

Odds are, you need to go to the top of the program and look for "Edit, View, or Image" in that drop down menu look for "Resize Image" or "Edit Image Size" click on that and you should get something asking you how many pixels wide you want it, or what percentage of the original size you want it, or how many inches/centimeters you want it for printing. Then after you do this, don't forget to save the newly sized image.

If you tell me what image program you are using I can make a tutorial with pictures and all that neat stuff if it will help.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:49 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Dr. Remulack's is the only one that gives me trouble and that is just because it flashes up huge on the screen sometimes, which is pretty creepy.

With pictures I can tell you how to use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. There are two ways to resize, and both are found on the "Picture" drop down menu.

Resize changes the size of the complete picture:

Crop shaves off any unwanted part of the picture. So it resizes the picture by cutting bits off:

I use Imageshack to host images. It is a bit slow to load, but you don't have to register or anything. Just select the very last option for the picture location (it says direct link to image beside it) and then use the forum's Img button to make the link an image:

Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:56 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

Thank you widowmaker and mccragge. But thats exactly what i've tried. Here's what happened:

1-uploaded photo at fullsize, forgot to resize it before i posted it on the thread.

2-changed the size of the photo on photobucket, then edited the post with the new IMG URL

3-when that didn't work, i deleted the image from photobucket, resized it on picture manager (and i am pretty sure it was a resize, and not the zoom function), saved then uploaded that to photobucket, checked it was the size i wanted (using the 1:1 zoom), then posted the URL. Still all big. So i posted a link instead so it wouldn't make the thread all spazzy.

Thats why i reported it. the picture was at 1:1 the right size on Photobucket, but came up the original size.