Login |  Register |  FAQ

+++ Miniature Gallery +++

Post subject: +++ Miniature Gallery +++
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:13 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Miniature Gallery is still fairly new and undergoing tweeks and upgrades here and there.

So, I will keep this as a running thread on improvements, wish-list and upgrade notices.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

It would seem that people might be having a problem figuring out where you have to register your account at.

Click on the "Submit Your Picture" to register your account. I know it seems a bit awkward, but that will be fixed here soon. You also do not have to upload a picture to register there is a radio button asking if you are submitting a picture or not, just click no and you can create your account.

Also I wasn't able to integrate the user database with this new program, so you have to register a whole new account if you want to upload pictures to it. So if you have been trying to log in and having issues this is why. Sorry for the inconvenience.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:42 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Well I have been busy upgrading and adding new things to the Mini Gallery. Now you can see the name of the miniature, the name of the person who painted it, its current rating, how many votes it has received and what category the miniature belongs too.

I have also set the max pictures you can have per user to 99. However, I have added a page numbering script to the user account. And it is still kinda being weird (you can now view all the images in the database as if they were yours) This will be disabled until I can get a fix.

So you will still be able to upload images and all that neat stuff. Just all of your images (when you view your account) will be displayed on one page.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:51 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Quote:
I have also set the max pictures you can have per user to 99. However, I have added a page numbering script to the user account. And it is still kinda being weird (you can now view all the images in the database as if they were yours) This will be disabled until I can get a fix.

Ok this is all fixed and ironed out. So you should only be seeing your images in your account.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:18 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Check out these statistics on the Eastern Fringe Community Gallery:

Registered Users: 16
Images In Database: 142
Images In "Sci-Fi" Category: 37
Images In "Fantasy" Category: 92
Images In "Historical" Category: 5
Images In "Terrain" Category: 1
Images In "Misc" Category: 5

Notice the number of images in Sci-Fi compared to Fantasy...what gives? This is a Sci-Fi board right? I know there has got to be more people out there with Sci=fi minis that they want to show off.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:39 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well, i figure i'd share my thoughts on the gallery.

1) First of all, when you enter, you get a random mini. I don't know, i think i'd prefer to view the newest available pictures. Which brings me to...

2) ...the fact that Newest pictures don't work.

3) When you click on the author, you don't get an option to view all their posted minis. Which is a shame.

4) When i click on Top 10 Sci-Fi, i'd like to see Top 10 Sci-Fi miniatures, not authors.

5) The horizontal bars that frame the gallery on top and bottom are blue.

6) "Go to Administration Panel" could be hidden or not present. Also, the firefox commercial is kinda... I dunno, not neccessary? Unless you're generating some kind of income from it.

So much for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:56 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Eazy-O wrote:
Well, i figure i'd share my thoughts on the gallery.

Thank you very much for your input. I really was thinking that no one cared about it. In any case I really appreciate your feedback. And would love to hear more.

Quote:
1) First of all, when you enter, you get a random mini. I don't know, i think i'd prefer to view the newest available pictures. Which brings me to...

I know exactly what you mean and it bothers me too. I am planning on adding a vote tracker. What that means is if you are logged in then it will only show you miniatures you haven't voted on yet before cycling through the ones you have already seen. If you aren't logged in then it is completely random.

Quote:
2) ...the fact that Newest pictures don't work.

Yeah I noticed that the other day and sadly isn't my biggest priority at the moment although it is on the que to get fixed.

Quote:
3) When you click on the author, you don't get an option to view all their posted minis. Which is a shame.

Yeah fixing that too...er hopely soon

Quote:
4) When i click on Top 10 Sci-Fi, i'd like to see Top 10 Sci-Fi miniatures, not authors.

Yes this is a huge issue with me as well and is my top priority on fixing. So hopefully that will be fixed right away.

Quote:
5) The horizontal bars that frame the gallery on top and bottom are blue.

Yes I know those are just place markers right now.

Quote:
6) "Go to Administration Panel" could be hidden or not present. Also, the firefox commercial is kinda... I dunno, not neccessary? Unless you're generating some kind of income from it.

Well I can certainly hide it, but the ads, well you know how that is ;)

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing more from you and everyone else.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:03 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Well we have a new Mini Gallery now, so all the previous posts are no longer an issue. But feel free to use this thread for any issues, or feedback for the new miniature gallery.

McCragge