Login |  Register |  FAQ

The New Banner.

Post subject: The New Banner.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hi. I have an opinion regarding the new banner and slogan for the EFF, and I'm sorry to say I don't like it. The overall feel seems too "Lucas", and the 'defiant in the shadow...' just comes off as 'Screw you, Mom and Dad!'.

I hate to complain like this as the EFF is one of my favorite places on the net. Maybe I'm just too resistant to change. My 40k army, after all, is Nurgle.

PS: I taste terrible to spiders, in case you-know-who gets any ideas about silencing dissent. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:38 pm 
Graveyard Disciple

I see no new banner...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:54 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

yeah, sorry guys but i have to agree. the new banner is not as good as the old one.

also, for some reason it doesnt load properly for me. only till half way trought the bottom text.
or is it meant to be like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:28 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Awwwww :(

The spider is sad :(

You know what we could do, why don't we have a slogan contest. We can take everyons slogan, put up a poll and have everyone vote on it. The winner will have his/her slogan as the new official EF Slogan as well as there very own medal!

What do you guys think of that?

Oh and if you don't see the new banner, try refreshing the page. And you should be able to see all the text.

Let me know what you guys think of that.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:28 pm 
Graveyard Disciple

What the hell are you people talking about?!?

All I see is the same old, same old....

Last edited by Waaaargh Grimjaw on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:30 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Are you being retarded, that is the new banner. The old banner said "take your gaming to the edge" and it had a picture of a planet with a targeting reticle on it.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:33 pm 
Graveyard Disciple

No, it just changed, I swear.

A second ago it was the original.

Also, this new one looks just horrible. It's so yellow it feels like my eyes are choking on lemon jawbreakers. It's just plain gaudy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:42 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Well lets worry about the actual design of the banner for later. Right now, lets focus on a new slogan for the EF.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm 
Graveyard Disciple

Well, does it really need to be changed? "Take your gaming to the Edge" has served us well so far. Why throw it overboard?

Sure, it's a bit cheesy. But, no single sentence would be capable of encompassing all the greatness of the EFF at once, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:12 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I vote for "take your gaming to the edge" It's neat and to the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:41 pm 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Yeah, the old one is better....

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:00 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Unity in the depths of space.

“Take a squiz at dis beauti! is got both front an bak weehilz, handle barz with both your left and rite turnin funksion, all da rage dezz dayz! and ta kap it all off a bran noo red paint job, kurtacy of da stoopid beeky who gotz himself caught in da front wheel dat last battil!…so let me fix ya up with da dok so ya can take a squiz at our payment planz”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:05 am 
Anthony Case

McCragge, why do you hate us members with an 800x600 resolution so very much? Do we smell weird, or maybe have a funny accent? First we were subjected to the sidebar of doom, and now we have to put up with a huooge banner so we have to keep scrolling left and right just to read the posts. Any chance you could narrow the banner size so I don't wear out my arrow keys quite so fast?

As for the slogan, personally I prefer "take your wargaming to the edge". The problem with the current one is that if I saw just the name of this site and the slogan on Google then I could only guess that the site was about some sort of criminality in the east. With the old one you know instantly it's about wargaming and since this site is more homely towards house rules the whole 'take it to the edge' part seems quite apt to me.

Or maybe something like "the homeworld of inspired wargaming", which would make more sense if there was a planet in the background, such as this fine example. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:24 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Ant wrote:
McCragge, why do you hate us members with an 800x600 resolution so very much? Do we smell weird, or maybe have a funny accent? First we were subjected to the sidebar of doom, and now we have to put up with a huooge banner so we have to keep scrolling left and right just to read the posts. Any chance you could narrow the banner size so I don't wear out my arrow keys quite so fast?

If you refresh your browser, it should be fixed. I had forgotten that I had increased my resolution (and bough at a new bigger monitor) So when I made the banner, I took a screenshot of the frontpage and just made the banner to fit that. Not realizing it was larger then 800. Anyway all fixed now.

Quote:
As for the slogan, personally I prefer "take your wargaming to the edge". The problem with the current one is that if I saw just the name of this site and the slogan on Google then I could only guess that the site was about some sort of criminality in the east. With the old one you know instantly it's about wargaming and since this site is more homely towards house rules the whole 'take it to the edge' part seems quite apt to me.

Or maybe something like "the homeworld of inspired wargaming", which would make more sense if there was a planet in the background, such as this fine example. :wink:

I like all the feedback and comments everyone. They have been great. I am still going to run a slogan contest that everyone can vote on. It will include the original slogan in the list of options. I will probably get that setup and running tomorrow. Check the frontpage for any updates on that.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:31 am 
Anthony Case

Much better McCragge. Now that I've had a proper look at the banner, I like it. :)Image