Login |  Register |  FAQ

Board Games Section?

Post subject: Board Games Section?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:49 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

So recently I have found myself playing board games with my friends lately. Like Risk 2210, Cards against Humanity, Munchkin, and so on.

I am wondering, do you think we should add a Board Games forum section? I mean there are some pretty cool board games with both awesome miniatures and other cool elements. So it would still be fitting of the Fringe.

I would like to hear your opinions.

McCragge

Post subject: Re: Board Games Section?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:22 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

At the risk of disturbing the crickets chirping in this thread, board games are a pretty broad topic and I don't think most people obsess over them enough to make a forum for in-depth discussion here.
I'm partial to cooperative games like Pandemic, Space Alert or Sentinels of the Multiverse (not a board game) where everyone has to work together to overcome a common foe, or work together to accomplish a complex task. I seldom survive a game of Space Alert. There are also some semi-cooperatrive games that are fun, like Betrayal at House on the Hill... it's cooperative until a certain trigger event happens, then one of the players tries to kill all the others.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:13 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Venator wrote:
At the risk of disturbing the crickets chirping in this thread, board games are a pretty broad topic and I don't think most people obsess over them enough to make a forum for in-depth discussion here.
I'm partial to cooperative games like Pandemic, Space Alert or Sentinels of the Multiverse (not a board game) where everyone has to work together to overcome a common foe, or work together to accomplish a complex task. I seldom survive a game of Space Alert. There are also some semi-cooperatrive games that are fun, like Betrayal at House on the Hill... it's cooperative until a certain trigger event happens, then one of the players tries to kill all the others.

Naw the crickets could use a bit of stirring :)

Well I agree board games seems rather large. But I was thinking mostly the minature types. Like Axis and Allies, Battle of Westeros, Dungeon, Heroquest. Stuff like that. Plus on the other side of it, people would be introduced to new games. For example several of the ones you mentioned that I had never heard of.

I will wait to see if we get more feedback/interest though to see if it is worth a bother.

McCragge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:54 am 
The Threadomancer

What is Risk 2210? I've played Risk before and loved that game, but how does Risk 2210 play or look? As far as a boardgame section is concerned, I'd be surprised if there was enough interest. I play chess a fair bit, but as most of my opponents are online is it more in the realm of computer gaming? Is it a big hassle to create a new section?

My Blog